Chewing betel nut is the same as smoking. If it is not controlled, it will make people addicted. So, if chewing betel nut for a long time, does it have any adverse effect on human health? What is the harm of long-term chewing betel nut on the body? Let's get to know it.
1. Taking betel nut for a long time will produce poisoning symptoms, ranging from excitement, dull eyes, shaking all over the body, unstable walking, strange or rough behavior, and severe acute mental illness, including hallucination, self expansion, forced delusion, delirium and delirium.
2. If you eat betel for a long time, you will shake your teeth, wear your teeth and retract your gums, which will lead to periodontitis, submucous fibrosis and leukoplakia.
3. Long term consumption of betel may lead to oral cancer. According to the research results of several years in domestic medical institutions, about 88% of oral cancer patients have the habit of chewing betel nut. If chewing betel nut combined with smoking is more likely to cause oral cancer, laryngeal cancer, pharyngeal cancer and esophageal cancer, and chewing betel nut and smoking combined with drinking, it will have a multiplier carcinogenic effect.
How about eating too much betel nut
Eating too much betel nut is actually harmful to our health, but many people don't know much about it. If we understand the harm of areca, I think we will let people around us eat less betel nut.
1. Betel nut contains carcinogenic alkaloids, leading to oral cancer. At present, many people suffer from oral cancer because of areca nut.
2. Long term eating betel nut will make people's teeth black. After chewing betel nut, the residue will be vomited on the ground, with red spots, like blood stains, affecting public health.
3. Because calcareous and betel nut juice fill the mouth, they form dental calculus, and chew hard for a long time, and even cause teeth to crack or break.
4. Chewing betel nut can cause oral submucosal fibrosis and leukoplakia, which is the early stage of oral cancer. Its clinical symptoms include difficulty in opening mouth, pain, numbness, whitening of oral mucosa and ulcer.
5. Excessive areca nut consumption has a great impact on the digestive system. This is because betel nut juice scale contaminates the black lips, teeth and cheek, affects the view, and damages the taste nerve and saliva secretion, hinders the digestive function. The areca residue stimulates the gastric wall, causing inflammation and even perforation of the gastric mucosa, affecting nutrient absorption and causing malnutrition. Especially children eat areca nut easily lead to malnutrition.
6. Eating more areca nut is harmful to human body, if pregnant women eat too much, it may lead to abortion.