Mid Autumn Festival is coming. There must be a lot of people ready to eat crabs, so do you know how to select high-quality hairy crabs? Let's learn the skills of selecting crabs together with Xiaobian. Before eating crabs, cleaning crabs is also a technical job.
Five tips for choosing hairy crabs:
1, look at
The carapace on the back of high-quality crab is cyan gray, shiny, the abdomen is white, the golden claws are tufted with yellow hair, the color is bright, the navel is round, protruding outwards, the limbs are firmly connected and curved, big and healthy, if the back is yellow, the flesh is thin and weak. In addition, if the crab is active and crawling around, it is a strong and good crab.
2, weigh up
For the crab that meets the requirements through the eyes, you should weigh it one by one with your hands. The crab with heavy hand feel is fat. This method is not suitable for river crabs and living sea crabs, because these crabs are often tied up.
Peel off the navel cover of the crab. If there are many crabs in the shell, which are neat and agglomerated, the crab is a good one.
If you buy a dead sea crab, you should observe the legs of the crab. They are complete and intact. Pulling the legs lightly has weak elasticity, indicating that they are fresh sea crabs. If you don't buy fresh sea crabs, pulling the legs lightly, not only has no weak force, but also the legs are easy to break.
How to clean crabs before eating them?
The first way to wash crabs:
1、 First, prepare a half basin of water and an old toothbrush.
2. Put in the crab to be cleaned. Don't worry about the crab running around. It will get into the water. Some crabs will run out, catch it or drive it into the water. It will be quiet for a while. Soak for about ten minutes and then wash.
3. Grasp both sides of the crab and wash the back, abdomen and mouth with toothbrush.
4. Then clean both sides of the crab and the foot and the root of the forceps.
5. This is the most crucial step. You can't be timid. Grasp the forceps (use the handle of the toothbrush to pick up the joint of the forceps from the bottom up, and use the thumb and index finger of the crab to grasp the forceps upward along the root of the forceps. A few ferocious crabs can first press down a few pliers or knock a few times) open the belly cover, and squeeze out the excrement from the inside out in the middle.
6. Clean the dirt and crab tongs in the belly cover of the crab, so that the crab is cleaned.
7. Put the cleaned crabs into the pot with most of the water (crabs will run around if they don't drain water). After washing, soak them in water for about 10 minutes and then rinse them. The purpose is to clean the dirty water brought in when washing crabs.
Well, it's easy to eat clean crabs.
How to wash crabs clean?
1. First, prepare a pot of warm water at about 45 ℃, that is, put your hands in the water and don't feel hot. Put the crab's belly up one by one into the water, and when it turns over, it has already drunk hot water and choked. The advantage of doing this is that the crab just faints and will not clip your fingers at your disposal, and will not affect the crab's delicious.
2. Take out a toothbrush, grab both sides of the crab, and use the toothbrush to clean the back, abdomen and mouth.
3. Then clean both sides of the crab and the foot and the root of the forceps.
4. Next is the most critical step. Grasp the forceps (use the handle of toothbrush to pick up the joint of the forceps from the bottom up, and use the thumb and index finger of the crab to grasp the forceps upward along the root of the forceps. A few ferocious crabs can first press down a few pliers or knock a few times) open the belly cover, and squeeze out the excrement from the inside out in the middle.
5. Finally, clean the dirt and crab tongs in the belly cover of the crab, so that the crab is cleaned.