Super typhoon Maria is coming! Typhoons generally cause great troubles to people's lives. We should close the doors and windows tightly to prevent rain at home. What should we pay attention to when people with cars travel? Precautions and taboos for vehicles travel in typhoon weather should be remembered.
If the rainstorm is too heavy, you'd better drive to a safe place as soon as possible. In addition, low-lying roads are easy to accumulate water after rain. When driving on unfamiliar road conditions, pay attention to the specific conditions of the water surface, and avoid starting or driving in the water flooded and the engine intake.
What to pay attention to when parking in typhoon days
1. When parking in typhoon days, pay attention to: be careful not to hit the vehicle
The typhoon is windy. Don't make unnecessary resistance. When parking, try to avoid parking under flowerpots, air conditioners, billboards, street lights, electric poles, trees, etc. it is recommended to park in an open parking lot. When choosing a parking space in a typhoon day, you should pay more attention. First, observe the surrounding conditions, whether it is close to the outdoor billboard, whether there are flowerpots and sundries upstairs, or the heavy objects blown down by the wind and rain will break the appearance of the vehicles parked at will.
2. When parking in typhoon days, pay attention to: select the parking height
Typhoon will inevitably bring heavy rainfall. Try to avoid parking in low-lying sections and parking spaces. When parking in underground garages, pay attention to whether the drainage system is normal. It is the first thing to choose a higher place to park, so as to avoid unnecessary troubles caused by flooding.
What to do in case of Typhoon
1. Use lights correctly
In severe weather such as typhoon and heavy rainfall, if you have to drive and the visibility is less than 100m, you should keep a following distance of more than 50m, turn on the low beam light, clearance light, front and rear tail light and double flash, and the speed cannot exceed 40km / h. When the visibility is less than 50m, find a place to avoid and stop driving as soon as possible.
2. Do not open the window and pay attention to the crosswind
Opening a window will affect the stability of driving. At this time, no one should open a window & hellip; & hellip; in typhoon, strong wind weather, when passing bridges, tunnels, rivers and other roads, be sure to pay attention to the crosswind, slightly adjust the direction of the brake, do not brake with great feet, and turn sharply.
3. Avoid hard braking and keep driving at low speed
The road is wet and slippery in strong wind and rain, and the braking distance is longer. In addition, the water film is easy to form between the brake pad and the brake disc, which causes the braking force to be sluggish or sideslip. It is necessary to be good at using the engine, accelerator and gear to control the speed.
4. Pay attention to avoid pedestrians' safe and civilized driving
During driving, pedestrians should slow down to avoid splashing water and mud, and remind passers-by to use flashing lights instead of honking.
5. Danger of entering the mountain after Typhoon
After the bad weather, the mountain area is the most dangerous, and the secondary disasters such as collapse and rockfall, subgrade damage are more likely to occur, so try to avoid them.
How to pass through a section of water in typhoon and rainstorm
1. Open the gap and confirm the safety before passing. Pay attention to observation and find out the water condition when passing by the front car. Do not rush through. If the accumulated water is less than half of the tires, drive at a low speed and uniform speed with a block. Do not brake, stop or speed up the flushing. Avoid splashing the accumulated water into the air inlet and exhaust pipe to ensure the passing capacity.
2. When the accumulated water is more than half of the tires, don't pass at risk! Never be foolhardy, or you will lose yourself.
3. Stop the engine in water. Do not restart the engine. Otherwise, the engine will be easily damaged, and there will be no claim for compensation. In addition, vehicles equipped with automatic start stop function shall be decisively turned off this function!