What are the advantages and disadvantages of cupping? Can cupping cure cervical spondylosis
4hw.org: Cupping is known as the ancient oriental secret art of China by foreign friends. Western research organizations have specially studied the special function of cupping. In fact, cupping is the most simple and ancient physical therapy method in traditional Chinese medicine. In addition to the effect of removing wind, expelling dampness and cold, it also has the effect of dysmenorrhea and activating collaterals, but cupping can't be pulled out randomly, so what are the benefits and harms of cupping? And cupping can treat cervical vertebra Sick? Let's have a look with Xiaobian.
Benefits of cupping:
1. Because the meridians, acupoints and the five zang organs and six Fu organs of the body are all connected, the acupoints on the surface of the body will be stimulated by the external suction, and then the internal organs of the human body will be adjusted accordingly through the meridians and collaterals of muscles and bones, so that the Qi and blood of the human body will be unblocked and the body will be strengthened.
2. For the local tissue damage, lumbar disc protrusion and other symptoms of human body, cupping also has certain effect. Cupping regularly for a long time can reduce pain and relieve symptoms.
3. By cupping, the moisture and cold in the body can be permeated through the skin tissue, so as to eliminate the evil spirit and make people energetic.
4. Now, many beauty and weight-loss shops have begun to research and launch the method of reducing weight by cupping.
Can cupping cure cervical spondylosis
First of all, the old Chinese medicine tells you very definitely that although the causes of symptoms of cervical spondylosis are very complex, cupping can effectively treat most cervical spondylosis! There have been numerous clinical cases proving that cupping has a very good effect on the treatment of cervical spondylosis. The theoretical explanation of traditional Chinese medicine is as follows:
Cervical spondylosis is mainly due to the accumulation of kidney deficiency and essence deficiency, deficiency of Qi and blood, qi stagnation, phlegm turbid, blood blast and other diseases, resulting in tunnel blockage, disadvantageous muscles and bones. The main clinical symptoms are heavy numbness in the head and neck, acid swelling, weakness in the body, even incontinence in the stool, and stroke in the elderly.
Traditional Chinese medicine cupping method can effectively relax meridians and activate collaterals, help Qi and blood to run normally, and alleviate the trouble of cervical spondylosis by stimulating the related acupoints of shoulder and neck, such as Dazhui, Jianjing, Tianzong, Quchi, hand Sanli and Waiguan.
Disadvantages of cupping:
1. Frequent cupping can cause skin infection
Many people think that cupping takes at least half an hour, so as to have an effect. In fact, according to the size, material and negative pressure of cupping, TCM reminds that cupping varies. However, it is generally advisable to slide the tank from the point of ignition to the start of the tank for no more than 10 minutes. Because the main principle of cupping is negative pressure rather than time. If the cupping time is too long until the blister is pulled out under the condition of great negative pressure, it will not only hurt the skin, but also may cause skin infection.
2. It's easy to catch cold after taking a bath after cupping
You should pay attention to the order. You can pull out the cupboard after taking a bath, but you must not take a bath immediately after pulling out the cupboard. After cupping, the skin is in a state of being injured, very fragile, and bathing at this time can easily lead to skin damage and inflammation. If you take a cold bath, the skin is in a state of open pores, which is easy to catch cold. Therefore, you must not take a bath immediately after cupping.
3. Pore opening is easy to induce stroke
Cupping is to open the pores of the skin so that it is in a state of relaxation. In this way, the moisture and silt in the body will be sucked out, but the cold outside will also enter the body through the dilated pores, which may lead to a cold or a stroke. Therefore, do not take a cold bath after cupping. Keep warm in time to prevent the invasion of cold air.
We should also pay attention to the method of cupping, so what are the hazards of improper cupping? Let's take a look.
What are the hazards of improper cupping
1. Distinguish the constitution. According to the constitution cupping for tonic diarrhea, otherwise it will backfire.
2. Pay attention to the physical condition. Patients with heart disease, severe anemia, leukaemia, thrombocytopenia and other blood diseases, skin allergy, edema, edema, high blood pressure, blood disease and bleeding tendency, skin disease, pregnant women, menstrual period, as well as overfull, thirsty, hungry and drunk are not suitable for cupping.
3. Some parts should not be pulled out. The navel, precordial area, delicate skin, damaged skin, varicose vein, scar, nipple and bone protruding should not be pulled out. It's better not to pull out the old mark before it disappears.
4. Do not take a bath immediately after cupping. After cupping, the skin is in a state of being 'injured', which is sensitive and fragile. At this time, bathing is very easy to cause skin damage and inflammation. It is recommended to wait for two or three hours.
V. When cupping, keep warm, avoid direct wind, and prevent cold.
6. According to the condition, cupping is usually done in turn, not too much at a time. When the local blood stasis has not subsided, cupping should not be repeated at the original position.
7. The time of cupping should be determined according to age, constitution, gender and the priority of the disease. Generally, the time of cupping is 10-15 minutes. The large cupping force is strong, and the time can be shortened appropriately, otherwise blisters may occur. In general, patients with mild illness or sensory disorders (such as numbness of lower limbs) should have a short cupping time. For patients with severe disease, long course, deep focus and severe pain, the cupping time can be slightly longer and the adsorption capacity is slightly larger.
8. In case of blister after cupping, apply scald cream in time or go to hospital for treatment.
IX. during cupping, the patient's reaction shall be closely observed. In case of dizziness, nausea and vomiting, pale complexion, cold sweat, cold limbs and other symptoms, or even dizzy cupping due to blood pressure drop, difficulty in breathing, weak pulse, etc., the cupping appliance shall be removed in time, the patient shall lie on his back and keep warm. A small amount of warm boiled water or sugar water can be given to the light ones, which can quickly relieve and return to normal; the heavy ones can be acupunctured at Renzhong, Neiguan, Zusanli, zhongchong and other points, or moxibustion at Baihui, Zhongji, Guanyuan, Yongquan and other points, which can generally relieve and return to normal soon, or sent to the hospital for treatment immediately.
Although cupping has a certain effect on the treatment of many pain and diseases, experts especially remind you that cupping is only a physical therapy method, not omnipotent, so do not rely on cupping excessively after physical discomfort, but should be checked in the hospital in time. Cupping can only be used as an auxiliary treatment method, rather than relying on cupping completely To treat various diseases. Now there are a lot of charlatans who blow up something similar to cupping utensils. We suggest that we should know these things scientifically and rationally.