Whether it's a car or something else, it has a service life. After reaching a certain service life, consider whether it can continue to be used and whether it meets the scrapping standard. Different cities may have different standards for car scrapping. Take Chengdu as an example to see the scrapping standards of Chengdu vehicles and the service life of various motor vehicles?
A motor vehicle shall be scrapped under any of the following circumstances:
1. Light and micro trucks (including off-road type) and special vehicles for mine operation have traveled 300000 kilometers, heavy and medium trucks (including off-road type) have traveled 400000 kilometers, super large, large, medium, light and micro buses (including off-road type) and cars have traveled 500000 kilometers, and other vehicles have traveled 450000 kilometers;
2. Mini trucks (including off-road vehicles), trucks with trailers, special vehicles for mine operation and all kinds of taxis with less than 19 seats (including 19 seats) have been used for 8 years, and other vehicles (except official vehicles and non official vehicles registered by individuals) have been used for 10 years;
3. Serious damage or poor technical condition due to various reasons, which cannot be repaired;
4. The model is obsolete and there is no source of accessories;
5. After long-term use, the fuel consumption exceeds 15% of the value specified in the factory standard of the national finalized vehicle;
6. After repair and adjustment, it still fails to meet the national requirements for motor vehicle operation safety technical conditions;
7. After repair, adjustment or adoption of exhaust pollution control technology, the pollutants discharged by vehicles still exceed the national standards;
8. Other circumstances stipulated by the state, provincial and municipal people's governments.
The service life of various motor vehicles is as follows:
(1) Small and micro passenger taxis have been used for 8 years, medium passenger taxis for 10 years and large passenger taxis for 12 years;
(2) Rental of passenger cars for 15 years;
(3) Small coach passenger cars have been used for 10 years, medium coach passenger cars have been used for 12 years, and large coach passenger cars have been used for 15 years;
(4) 13 years of use of public transport and passenger vehicles;
(5) Other small and micro passenger cars will be used for 10 years, and large and medium passenger cars will be used for 15 years;
(6) Special school bus has been used for 15 years;
(7) Large and medium-sized non operating passenger vehicles (except large cars) have been used for 20 years;
(8) The service life of three wheeled vehicles and low-speed trucks equipped with single cylinder engines is 9 years, that of low-speed trucks equipped with multi cylinder engines and micro trucks is 12 years, that of dangerous goods transport trucks is 10 years, and that of other trucks (including semi-trailer tractors and full trailer tractors) is 15 years;
(9) The special operation vehicle with cargo carrying function shall be used for 15 years and the special operation vehicle without cargo carrying function shall be used for 30 years;
(10) 10 years for full trailers and dangerous goods transport semi trailers, 20 years for container semi trailers and 15 years for other semi trailers;
(11) Regular three wheeled motorcycles have been used for 12 years and other motorcycles have been used for 13 years.