Jasmine is a plant of Oleaceae family. The leaves of jasmine have the effect of clearing away heat and relieving the surface. It can treat exogenous fever, abdominal distension and diarrhea. In recent years, many people have planted jasmine, but if the management of potted jasmine is improper, the leaves will often turn yellow. In light of this, the leaves will wither and grow poorly, and the flowering is not ideal. The following small series will introduce the causes and treatment methods of jasmine leaves yellowing!
The reason analysis and treatment methods of yellow Jasmine leaves: 1. Yellow Jasmine leaves caused by alkali in basin soil: long term irrigation with alkaline water, due to the aggravation of alkalinity and iron deficiency, resulting in poor plant growth and yellowing of branches and leaves.
Solution: can add ferrous sulfate solution or alum fertilizer water, increase the soluble iron in the soil can be solved.
2. Stagnant water causes yellow leaves of Jasmine (water yellow): if the basin soil is in a moist state for a long time, the root system will suffocate and rot due to lack of oxygen, and the plant can not absorb nutrition, so that the leaves turn yellow and even wither to death.
Solution: watering should be done between dry and wet, do not let the basin soil always wet.
3. Insufficient light leads to yellowing of jasmine leaves (lack of light): during the growth of jasmine, sufficient light conditions are needed. It is necessary to maintain a good state for a period of time in the semi shade area. However, yellow leaves, withered tips and even fallen leaves will soon appear in the shade. When the light is not enough, the flowering and normal growth of Jasmine are generally affected.
Solution: to meet the lighting needs of jasmine, occasionally get a sunny place on the balcony.
4. Temperature discomfort leads to yellowing of jasmine leaves: jasmine is not cold resistant. In case of low temperature, normal physiological metabolism in the body will be disordered, resulting in yellowing of leaves.
Solution: adjust the environment microclimate, add plastic film or move it into the place with high temperature for maintenance and management.
5. Excessive fertilization of jasmine causes yellowing of leaves (yellow fertilizer): excessive fertilization can cause root burning and leaf yellowing.
Solution: in this case, the basin soil should be replaced immediately, and the principle of frequent application of thin fertilizer should be kept in mind.
6. Rotten root causes yellowing of jasmine leaves: if the drainage condition of flower soil is not good, the basin soil will be in a long-term moist state, which will cause rotten roots. Jasmine leaves will be yellow because of lack of oxygen, and even wither to death.
Solution: in this case, first of all, we should ensure the principle of watering when the water is dry and wet. When watering is short of water, the watering should be thorough. Then we should pay attention to the flower soil, it is best to choose the vegetable soil with air permeability to ensure that the air permeability can contain nutrients.
7. Diseases and insect pests lead to yellowing of jasmine leaves: the common pest of jasmine is red spider. If the insect pests are not removed for a long time, the leaves will turn yellow.
Solution: this point should be sprayed with special insecticides in time, and plants should also pay attention to ventilation.
Jasmine Flower Jasmine maintenance experience: 1. After each flower withers, we should timely remove the residual flowers and properly trim off the long branches. If we pursue the quality of flowers, we should remove the first flowers every year to ensure that the second time flowers are many, long and fragrant.
2. When buying jasmine flowers, you should try to buy young plants, jasmine flowers on new branches. Old trees that have formed stumps should be bought with caution. Old stumps often blossom less and are often discarded by flower growers after the flowering season;
3. Spring out of the house to timely change the soil, remove the next year's old leaves, prune the long branches (about 10 cm) 4. Pests are caused by plant weakness, poor ventilation, strong plants rarely occur.
4. In early September, fertilization should be stopped in order to facilitate lignification of branches and overwintering.