Yellowhorn orchid, also known as white orchid, is a very common flower. Its fragrance begins when it is in bud, so it stays fragrant for a long time. When it is in full bloom, it is very beautiful, so it is popular with people. So how is yellow horned orchid cultivated? What's the best way to breed? What matters should we pay attention to when breeding yellow horned orchid? Please read on with me with questions!
The best breeding time: the best breeding time is from May to August.
The best growing soil: it requires fertile, loose and well drained culture soil.
Requirements for growth humidity: water should be sprayed on the leaves and the ground to increase air humidity.
The best growth temperature is 15-25 ℃.
The best growing light: the Yellow horned orchid is a positive flower, which needs sufficient sunlight. During the growing period, it should be maintained on the sunny ground with long sunshine and strong sunlight, especially during the flowering period. The light shall not be less than 6 hours per day.
Precautions for the cultivation of yellow horned orchid in shy yellow horned orchid: applying fertilizer: Yellow horned orchid has a long flowering period, likes fertilizer, and blooms less when the fertilizer is insufficient. If the fertilizer is not applied at the right time, the branches and leaves will grow in vain and blossom less. Before the germination of new buds from February to March, the rotten cake fertilizer was used as the base fertilizer. At the flowering stage, the thin human feces and urine, or liquid fertilizer fermented and rotted by bean cake, tea seed cake and fish bone were used, and 9 parts of water were added, once every 3-4 days. Stop fertilizing half a month before winter.
1. Yellow horned orchid is a kind of fleshy root. If the basin soil is too wet, the leaves will wither and fall off, even the rotten roots will die. If it is too dry, it will wither and curl the leaves. It is a flower that is afraid of both flood and drought.
2. In the flowering period, when the petals are over outstretched, it means that the water is insufficient, and if the water is suitable, it will be in bud shape; when the surface of basin soil is dry, and the soil is hard and dry, water it immediately.
3. The water temperature and soil temperature must be the same when watering. Do not pour cold water or hot water suddenly.
4. Generally, watering once a day in spring and autumn is enough. It is hot in summer, with large evaporation and vigorous growth. The watering times and quantity can be increased appropriately.
Main points of pruning: during the growth process of yellow horned orchid, the plant should be pruned, the dead branches and branches should be cut off, and part of the lower leaves should be removed to inhibit the growth of the plant and promote the flowering of the pregnant buds.
Basin soil replacement: the basin replacement of yellow horned orchid is generally carried out from April to may, try not to hurt the root, and remove the old leaves by the way, so as to facilitate the growth of new branches.
Key points of propagation: Grafting Cultivation of Polygonatum. Choose yellow orchid or Magnolia with a thickness of more than 5mm as rootstock. Before grafting, they should be cultured in a bowl for a period of time, and they can only be grafted after they grow normally. In this way, the survival rate of grafting. The middle and lower branches which are easy to be grafted and have no effect on the beautiful appearance of the original plant should be selected from the mother plant of the Yellow horned orchid for more than one year.
Disease and insect control: the main diseases and insect pests of yellow horned orchid include yellow disease, anthrax, spider, scale insect, etc. 50% carbendazim WP 500 times solution or 50% tobujin WP 500 times solution can be used to control anthrax, and spray once every 5-10 days. Once red spider and scale insect are found, they can be scraped off with bamboo pieces. Spider can use 20% three chlorine to kill mite sulfone 1000 times liquid, or spray with 50% three sulfur phosphorus 1000 times liquid to control.
The experience of breeding yellow horned orchid in bloom: 1. Yellow horned orchid likes to be warm and cold, so we should pay special attention to protection to make it live through the winter safely. Generally, it is better to move into the room in late October and put it in the sunny place, and keep the room temperature at about 10 ℃, not lower than 5 ℃.
2. When watering in winter, the Yellow horned orchid should be dry rather than wet, and should not be watered thoroughly. If it is slightly wet, it should spray water on the branches and leaves to keep the leaves clean. In winter, it should be placed in a sunny place indoors to accumulate sufficient energy in the next year.