To go to Macao, you need a Hong Kong Macao pass, which is a certificate issued by the relevant department of the Ministry of public security of China for mainland Chinese residents with relatives of Hong Kong or Macao to settle down in Hong Kong or Macao. So, what is the specific process of handling Hong Kong and Macao pass? How long is the validity of Hong Kong and Macao pass?
Here is a detailed answer to the application for Hong Kong and Macao pass
First step to get the application form
The residents shall bring their ID card and household register to the local entry and exit administration organ to get an application form for examination and approval of Chinese citizens' travel to Hong Kong and Macao, and the state staff shall give their opinions.
Residents under the age of 14 must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardian when applying.
Step 2 fill in the application form
The application form should be filled out in blue black or black ink. The application form shall include the name, ID card number, home address, application type, application reason, etc. 18 digit number is required for ID card.
Step 3 copy ID card, household register and take photos
After filling in the application form, the applicant shall paste the copy of ID card and personal data of account book on the back of the application form. The applicant pastes a recent photo of a barefaced head with a white background and a barefaced bust on the application form. The photo size: 48 & times; 33mm. There is a photo service point in the service hall.
Step 4 payment
Step 4 payment
According to the type of endorsement selected by the applicant, the applicant shall first pay the cost of production and the endorsement fee of the personal travel certificate to the service hall or the Construction Bank under the entry-exit administration authority.
RMB 100 for each pass to and from Hong Kong and Macao
RMB 20 for each certificate
RMB 40 per certificate
The valid period is less than 1 year (including) and the valid endorsement of each certificate is 100 yuan for many times, which is slightly different in different regions, subject to the announcement of the local entry-exit administration.
Step 5 submit information to staff
The applicant shall submit the payment invoice, completed application form, original and copy of ID card account book to the service desk for inspection, and answer the police's inquiries. After completing the application procedure, the police will give you a receipt with a work phone number on it.
Step 6 evidence collection
According to the regulations, the pass to and from Hong Kong and Macao shall be completed within 10 working days from the date of acceptance. During the waiting period, the applicant can call the consultation telephone on the receipt to inquire about the progress of handling the pass.
Scope of application:
According to the provisions of Article 2, Chapter I of the "Regulations of the people's Republic of China on the administration of endorsement, approval and issuance of Hong Kong and Macao pass", the following conditions can be applied for the application of Hong Kong and Macao pass and endorsement.
（1） Family visits. Mainland residents who need to visit their relatives in Hong Kong or Macao under any of the following circumstances:
1. Relatives are permanent residents or non permanent residents of Hong Kong or Macao.
For permanent residents in areas where individual residents have already set up tours to Hong Kong or Macao (hereinafter referred to as "individual tours"), the relatives they can visit are: spouse, parents and children.
The visiting relatives of permanent residents in areas where no 'personal tour' has been set up include: grandparents, (grandchildren), siblings, uncles (uncles), uncles, aunts, aunts, nephews and nieces.
For mainland residents who meet the above conditions, their spouses and children under the age of 16 may apply to visit their relatives in Hong Kong or Macao.
2. Relatives are staff members of the office of the special commissioner of the Ministry of foreign affairs in the Hong Kong (Macao) Special Administrative Region, the Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the Hong Kong (Macao) Special Administrative Region, or members of the PLA forces in the Hong Kong (Macao) Special Administrative Region.
（2） Business. In any of the following circumstances, mainland residents need to do business in Hong Kong or Macao:
1. Mainland residents working in enterprises or other units in the mainland who are dispatched by units to Hong Kong or Macao to engage in business and other activities.
Enterprises refer to all kinds of enterprises and their branches registered with the State Administration for Industry and commerce, and permanent representative offices of foreign (regional) enterprises with independent legal personality.
Other units refer to: institutions registered and established in the competent departments of the state and registered with the tax authorities; foreign (regional) news agencies in China; foreign (regional) embassies and consulates and representative offices in China; representative offices of international organizations in China; law firms, private schools and private hospitals.
2. Self employed business operators go to Hong Kong or Macao to engage in business and other activities.
3. Driving special vehicles to and from the mainland and Hong Kong and Macao.
（3） Team travel. A mainland resident who participates in a tour group organized by a designated travel agency to visit Hong Kong or Macao.
（4） Personal travel. Individual residents who have been approved to set up 'individual tours' to travel to Hong Kong or Macao.
（5） Short term residence. Under any of the following circumstances, a mainland resident may live in Hong Kong or Macao for a short time with the approval of the relevant departments of Hong Kong and Macao:
1. Those who go to Hong Kong to study, work, train, work or rely on relatives with an entry permit issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department.
2. Those who have been admitted by Macao universities to study in Macao.
3. Those who have been approved by the Macao Public Security Police Bureau to work in Macao and have their relatives accompanying them.
4. Those who have been approved by the Department of social culture of Macao to work in the departments of science, technology, education, culture and health of Macao.
（6） Others. In any of the following circumstances, it is necessary to travel to Hong Kong or Macao:
1、 It is necessary for mainland residents to travel to Hongkong and Macao for medical treatment, funeral, litigation, examination, personal academic exchange, exhibition, etc.
2. Chinese citizens residing abroad who need to travel to Hong Kong and Macao after coming to the mainland.
3. Mainland residents with a short-term residence permit need to travel to Hong Kong after entering Macao.
Entry exit administration department of public security organ of each county
In addition, the period of validity of the endorsement has been changed, which shall be subject to the entry and exit administration department of the public security organ