Today is the beginning of summer. Do you know the difference between the beginning of summer and the summer solstice? What do the representatives of the beginning of summer and the summer solstice mean? Let's get to know it with Xiaobian.
The difference between the beginning of summer and the summer solstice
The difference between the beginning of summer and the summer solstice is mainly manifested in the following aspects: different time span, different angle of the sun; different climate characteristics; different customs and eating characteristics, etc.
The time span and solar angle are different
1. The beginning of summer is the seventh solar term in the 24 solar terms of the lunar calendar. The first solar term in summer means the official beginning of Mengxia. When the sun reaches 45 degrees of the Yellow longitude, it is the beginning of summer. Dou refers to the southeast, which is called Lixia. Everything grows up here, so it is named Lixia. The beginning of summer is on May 5 or 6 every year.
2. The summer solstice is one of the 24 solar terms, on June 21 or 22 of the Gregorian calendar. On the day of the summer solstice, the sun moves to 90 degrees of the Yellow longitude (the summer solstice, currently in Gemini), and the position where the sun is directly on the ground reaches the northernmost end of the year, almost directly on the Tropic of cancer. At this time, the day time in the Northern Hemisphere reaches the longest in the whole year.
The climate is different
1. Before and after the beginning of summer, only the south of Fuzhou to Nanling line is the real summer with dense green trees and long summer days, and the buildings reflect into the pond. However, some parts of northeast and Northwest China are just in spring, and the average temperature in most parts of the country is about 18-20 ℃. After the beginning of summer, Jiangnan officially entered the rainy season, the rainfall and rainy days increased significantly, continuous rain not only led to the wet damage of crops. Before and after the beginning of summer, the temperature in North China and Northwest China rises rapidly, but there is still not much precipitation. Coupled with windy spring, strong evaporation, dry atmosphere and dry soil often seriously affect the normal growth of crops.
The summer solstice is one of the 24 solar terms, on June 21 or 22 of the Gregorian calendar.
2. After the summer solstice, the ground is heated strongly and the air convection is strong. Thunderstorms are often formed from afternoon to evening. In most cases, during the 'Summer Solstice' period, when the Meiyu occurred in the middle and lower reaches of the Yangtze River and the Yangtze Huaihe River Basin, rainstorms occurred frequently, which easily led to floods. The summer solstice is the 'plum rain' season in the Yangtze Huaihe area. At this time, it is the Yellow ripening period of plum in the south of the Yangtze River. The air is very humid. The cold and warm air masses meet here and form a trough of low pressure, resulting in continuous overcast and rainy weather.
Customs and eating characteristics are different
1. In the folk, people drink cold drinks in summer. In summer, there is a custom of cooking tender broad beans in Jiangnan. In some places, there is the custom of calling people in summer. Folk legend has it that Li Xia eats eggs with heart. Because the shape of an egg is like a heart, people think that eating an egg can protect the spirit from loss. After the beginning of summer is hot summer, in order not to make the body lose weight in the hot summer, the beginning of summer should supplement. There is also the custom of weighing people after lunch at the beginning of summer. People hang up a big wooden scale at the entrance of the village or at the gate of the platform, hang a stool on the hook of the scale, and take turns sitting on the stool to weigh people. The weigher spoke auspicious words while playing with flowers. The old man who weighs should say 'weighs the flower 87, lives to 91'.
2. "Wheat dumpling" and "summer solstice cake": Jiangnan food custom, generally including wheat dumpling, millet, plum, wonton, noodle soup, etc. According to Wujiang county annals, 'on the summer solstice, the rice dumplings are made. When the sacrifice is finished first, the relative rates are paid. They not only eat 'wheat dumplings', but also give' wheat dumplings' as gifts to each other. On the summer solstice day, farmers also roll noodles into pancakes, which are roasted and mixed with vegetables, bean pods, tofu, and bacon. They eat them after ancestor worship. It is commonly known as' summer solstice pancakes', or give them to relatives and friends.
Winter solstice wonton and summer solstice noodles: since ancient times, there has been a saying of 'winter solstice wonton and summer solstice noodles' among Chinese people. It is an important custom in many areas in the south of the Yangtze River to eat noodles during the summer solstice. There is a saying that' after eating noodles during the summer solstice, one day is short '. There are many kinds of noodles in the south, such as Yangchun noodles, dry soup noodles, shredded pork noodles, three fresh noodles, Guoqiao noodles and sesame oil cold noodles, while in the north there are stewed noodles and fried sauce noodles. 'since the new wheat has appeared in the summer solstice, eating noodles in the summer solstice also means tasting something new. '
What do you mean by the beginning of summer and the solstice
Every year around the first day of April (may 5-6 of the Gregorian calendar), when the sun reaches 45 degrees of the Yellow longitude, it is the beginning of summer solar term in the lunar calendar. "Dou refers to the southeast, which means the beginning of summer. Everything grows up here, so it's called the beginning of summer. "At this time, the Yellow longitude of the sun is 45 degrees. In astronomy, the beginning of summer means that we are going to say goodbye to spring, which is the beginning of summer days.
In ancient China, the beginning of summer was divided into three stages: the first stage was the sound of mole, the second stage was the emergence of earthworm, and the third stage was the birth of Wanggua. That is to say, in this solar term, we can first hear the cry of the clam (mole cricket) cricket in the field (frog sound), then we can see the earthworm digging earth on the earth, and then the vines of the king melon begin to climb and grow rapidly.
The day to welcome summer is summer. At this time, everything flourishes. After the beginning of summer is the hot summer, in order not to make the body lose weight in the hot summer, people often supplement in the beginning of summer, in order to make their body strong and powerful.
the summer solstice
The summer solstice is one of the 24 solar terms, on June 21 or 22 of the Gregorian calendar. On the summer solstice, the sun's direct sunlight reaches the northernmost point of the year, almost directly on the Tropic of cancer. At this time, the northern hemisphere has the longest day, and the longer the day goes northward.
The 21st or 22nd of June is the summer solstice. Although the summer solstice has the longest day and the highest sun angle, it is not the hottest time of the year. Because the heat close to the surface is still accumulating at this time, and has not reached the maximum. As the saying goes, "the heat is in the dog days". The real hot summer weather is calculated based on the summer solstice and the beginning of autumn. From the middle of July to the middle of August, the temperature in all parts of China is the highest, and the highest temperature in some areas can reach about 40 ℃.
The summer solstice is the first solar term among the 24 solar terms. In the seventh century B.C., the ancestors used the earth GUI to measure the sun's shadow, and then determined the summer solstice. The summer solstice starts on June 21 (or 22) and ends on July 7 (or 8). According to the manuscript of scrupulously abiding by the constitution, it is said that 'the day reaches north, the day is long, and the shadow is short, so it is called the summer solstice. The best is the best. On the summer solstice, the sun's direct sunlight reaches the northernmost point of the year, almost directly on the Tropic of cancer (23 & deg; 26 \ '), and the day in the northern hemisphere reaches the longest, and the longer the day goes northward. For example, Haikou City in Hainan Province is about 13 hours long, Hangzhou city is 14 hours long, Beijing is about 15 hours long, and Mohe city in Heilongjiang Province is more than 17 hours long. After the summer solstice, the position of direct sunlight on the ground gradually moves southward, and the days in the northern hemisphere gradually shorten. There is a folk saying that "after eating summer noodles, one day is short.". The southern hemisphere is in the middle of winter.