Qingming Festival is not only a solar term, but also a traditional festival in China. Naturally, there will be many customs and taboos during Qingming Festival. Let's take a look at the answers to the questions such as whether you can go back to your mother's home on Qingming Festival in 2019, and whether you can visit relatives and friends on Qingming Festival!
Can I go back to my mother's house on Tomb Sweeping Day in 2019
In the traditional customs, there is a saying that people can't go back to their mother's home on Tomb Sweeping Day. But now, with the change of people's customs and ideas, many places have no such attention, so in fact, they can go back to their mother's home on Tomb Sweeping Day.
In many places, especially in the countryside, there is a custom that you can't go back to your mother's home on Tomb Sweeping Day. It is believed that people in rural areas attach great importance to Qingming Festival. Every family has to go to the grave to offer sacrifices to their ancestors, but married girls do not go back to their mother's home to go to the grave. People in the countryside think that a girl belongs to someone else. If she has a son in her family, people in her mother's family don't want her daughter to go back to her mother's home to go to the grave. They are afraid that others will say that there is no one in her mother's house. Only those who have no son in her mother's family can make a girl go back to her mother's home to go to the grave. The names of sons and daughters-in-law can only be engraved on the tombstones of their ancestors, while the names of girls are generally not engraved on the tombstones of their ancestors. So I can't go back to my mother's house.
Nowadays, the custom of not being able to return to their mother's home on Tomb Sweeping Day is gradually changing, especially now many families are only children, and the number of families with only one daughter is also increasing. Now in some places, on Tomb Sweeping Day, a daughter and her son-in-law go back to her mother's home to go to the grave. We should get rid of the bad habit that we can't go back to our mother's house on Tomb Sweeping Day.
Can I visit relatives and friends on Tomb Sweeping Day
Different places have different opinions about whether it is possible to visit relatives and friends on Qingming Festival. In some places, it is customary not to visit relatives and friends 10 days before and 10 days after Qingming Festival, but in other places, it is not so particular.
Although Qingming Festival is one of the Ghost Festivals, those taboos are still the wishes of relatives. After all, now Qingming Festival is a time for ancestor worship, so there won't be too many taboos for relatives and friends to come to the party.
Qingming Festival is coming. People often take advantage of the opportunity of ancestor worship to visit relatives and meet friends they haven't met for a long time. At this time, people's body and mind are the most relaxed, because there is no burden, just simply get together, drink and chat, eat something delicious, but ah, don't relax too much.
The taboo of Tomb Sweeping on Tomb Sweeping Day
1. You can't sweep the grave at dusk. It's better in the morning and morning.
2. You can't take pictures of graves. It's not good for family fortune, and it's easy to have ghost dreams.
3. You can't take pictures under the big trees around the grave. There is a folk saying that it is easy to take ghosts home.
4. You can't pee on a grave, whether it's broken or not. This kind of behavior often leads to disease, or even worse.
5. You can't take the flowers, grass, branches and saplings from the grave home.
6. We can't take the rest of the sacrificial candles home.
7. Besides meat, the sacrificial food is usually put in front of the grave or given to the children at the end of the day. In a word, it is not taken home.
8. When sweeping tombs, they should be solemn and serious. They should not fight and play, let alone have insulting words and deeds.
9. Don't make unkind comments on other people's graves.
10. You can't go home with muddy shoes after you go home. Wash the soles before entering the house.