Nowadays, most people try to collect Thangka according to the way of traditional Chinese painting or oil painting. Moreover, the commercial speculation of thangka is becoming more and more fierce, which is far away from the essence and original intention of Thangka art. It is difficult to distinguish the authenticity of Thangka in the market. How do you think of the quality of Thangka pendants? Identify the pros and cons of Thangka and introduce its quality.
Thangka painters are the most important standards to measure the quality and determine the value of Thangka. The method is solemn, the proportion is accurate, the lines are smooth, the color matching is coordinated, the painting is fine and the content is in line with the Buddhist jurisprudence. Only when the thangka is strictly measured according to the statue can the meaning of Thangka be reflected! The identification of Thangka painters mainly includes the following aspects:
（1） Measurement. Measurement is the most basic and important factor to determine the quality of Thangka. Even small mistakes can affect the artistic value of Thangka!
1. Head measurement: the head measurement should be correct and symmetrical, and can't make the Buddha's face wide or long;
2. Measurement of facial features: the five features of the Buddha statue should be symmetrical, the size of the left and right should be consistent, and the image should be drawn in a suitable position on the face;
3. Body measurement: in addition to limbs, as long as the measurement is correct and symmetrical. The size of the hands and feet of the Buddha statue should be appropriate. Pay attention to the size of the fingers. The hands and feet should be drawn flexibly without rigid or clumsy feeling. In particular, the hands and feet of the multi armed and multi legged Buddha statues (such as the great Vader Vajra) should be painted enough and should not be omitted;
（2） Lines. Good lines are the key to value
1. Body line: the body line should be drawn like hair (line should be thin, uniform thickness), and should be smooth, not crooked, split;
2. Clothing lines: most of the clothing lines are curves, and some lines should be hooked into (shape). The thick lines in the middle and the thin lines at the two ends show the overlapping and realistic feeling of clothes;
3. Other lines: the lines of plant leaves usually hook from the petiole to the tip of the leaf, and to the tip of the leaf, the tip of the leaf appears to be rolled downward, and the leaf seems to be alive. In general, there are flames around the main statues of Vajra (such as Vajra hands, etc.), and the flames are basically S-shaped. Therefore, in addition to the requirements of clothing lines, the curved outer arc should be relative to the inner arc, so that the flame can be active, and other lines can be smooth;
（3） Color. The color of thangka is determined by the color painter's color matching (especially the meat color) and the level of coloring. The color should be uniform, and the joint of different colors should be perfect, and there should be no blur;
1. Flesh color: the flesh color of the Buddha statue should be moderate, not too heavy, the dark degree of muscles should be light, and there should be no flowery face;
2. Facial features: the facial features should be moderate in size, symmetrical and perfectly connected with the flesh color. In particular, eye opening is the last process in a set of Thangka, and it is also the most difficult one. When opening an eye, it should be symmetrical around, the size should be consistent, and it should be spent in the middle of the eye;
3. Cracks: some Thangka colors appear cracks and fade, and some people call them old Thangka. In fact, the reason for this kind of phenomenon is that the painter's color is not well modulated;
（4） Gold line. Gold thread determines the delicacy of Thangka. Gold thread is most common in clothes, the backlight around the main statue, flowers and leaves, etc. In order to make the Thangka exquisite, the more complicated the patterns, the more delicate the gold thread on the clothes is. These patterns are small and complex. When drawing the gold thread, it is necessary to ensure that the patterns are clear and regular, and can not be fuzzy. Other aspects are basically similar to the requirements of lines.
（5） Momentum. Good Thangka's overall momentum is often very good, good looks to be lifelike, seemingly smiling and seemingly visual, there is something to say, showing kindness (compassion), anger is ferocious and terrifying.