Qingming Festival, also known as the Qingming Festival, is a sunny day. Spring outing is the most suitable day. However, after such a long time, do you know who the Qingming Festival was set up to commemorate? What is the origin of the Qingming Festival?
Who is the Qingming Festival to commemorate
Qingming Festival is around April 5 of the Gregorian calendar every year. The origin of the festival is related to the commemoration of Jiezi Tui.
It is said that in the spring and Autumn period and the Warring States period, Chong'er, the son of Duke Xian of Jin, fled in exile to avoid disasters. During the period of exile, most of the officials who had fled with him fled to their own way, leaving only a few loyal people, including Jie Zitui. Once, when Chong Er fainted from hunger, Jie Zitui cut a piece of meat from his leg and cooked it for Chong Er to eat. Nineteen years later, Chong'er returned to China and became a monarch. He was one of the famous five tyrants in the spring and Autumn period.
After being in power, Duke Wen of Jin greatly rewarded those officials who shared weal and woe with him, but he forgot jiezitui. Jiezi Tui was not used to such a scene and left quietly. Some people in front of the Duke Wen of Jin for Jie Zi Tui. Duke Wen of Jin suddenly recalled the old story and felt guilty. He immediately sent someone to ask Jiezi to push him to the court to receive a reward. However, after several trips, the meson could not be pushed. Duke Wen of Jin had to invite him in person. However, when Duke Wen of Jin came to jiezitui's home, jiezitui had already carried his mother and hid in Mianshan (now Southeast of Jiexiu County, Shanxi Province). Duke Wen of Jin asked people to search the mountain, but the result was still not found.
Therefore, some people came up with an idea that it was better to set fire to the mountain, set fire on three sides, and leave one side. When the fire broke out, Jie Zitui would surely come out by himself. Duke Wen of Jin followed it. Unexpectedly, the fire burned for three days and three nights. After it was extinguished, jiezitui was not seen. When they went up the mountain, they found that Jiezi Tui and his son were dead with a burnt willow tree in their arms. Looking at Jie Zitui's body, Duke Wen of Jin cried and worshipped for a while. He was preparing to bury his body. He found that there was a willow hole in the back of jiezitui. It seemed that there was something in the hole. It turned out to be a piece of skirt with a blood poem on it
I wish my Lord always clear and bright.
Liu xiazuo ghost eventually disappeared, as if with the emperor as a counsellor.
If there is me in the heart of the Lord, remember my constant introspection.
The minister in Jiuquan heart is worthy of, diligent and clean and bright again.
Duke Wen of Jin hid the blood script in his sleeve and built a temple on the mountain. Duke Wen of Jin also ordered Mianshan to be changed into "Jieshan" as a memorial.
Later, Duke Wen of the Jin Dynasty designated the day of setting fire to the mountain as the cold food festival, telling the whole country that fireworks were forbidden every year and only cold food was eaten to commemorate jiezitui. In the next year, Duke Wen of Jin led his ministers to climb the mountain for a memorial ceremony. He found that the old willow tree died and came back to life. He gave the old willow as "Qingming willow", and told the world that the day after the cold food festival was Qingming Festival.
What are the customs of Qingming Festival
1. Tomb sweeping and Tomb Sweeping Day is a traditional festival in China, and also the most important sacrificial Festival. It is the day of ancestor worship and tomb sweeping. Tomb sweeping is a kind of activity of offering sacrifices to the dead. Most of the Han and some ethnic minorities sweep tombs on Tomb Sweeping Day.
2. Swing this is the custom of Qingming Festival in ancient China. Swing, that is to pull the leather rope and move. Its history is very old, the first called Qianqiu, later in order to avoid taboo, changed to swing. In ancient times, swings were mostly made of tree branches and colored ribbons. Later, it gradually developed into a swing with two ropes and pedals. Swing can not only improve health, but also cultivate courage, so far it is loved by people, especially children.
3. Cuju is a kind of leather ball. The skin of the ball is made of leather, and the inside of the ball is stuffed with wool. Cuju is to play football with your feet. This is a kind of game that people like in ancient Qingming Festival. It is said that it was invented by the Yellow Emperor and was originally used to train warriors.
4. Outing is also called spring outing. In ancient times, it was called Tanchun, xunchun, etc. In March, spring returns to the earth, nature presents a lively scene everywhere, it is a great time for outing. Our country folk has long maintained the habit of Qingming outing.
5. Before and after the Qingming Festival of planting trees, the spring sun is shining, the spring sun is shining, and the spring rain is flying. The survival rate of planting seedlings is high and the growth is fast. Therefore, since ancient times, China has the habit of planting trees during the Qingming Festival. Some people also call Tomb Sweeping Day 'tree planting day'. The custom of planting trees has been handed down to this day. In 1979, the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress stipulated that March 12 of each year is China's tree planting day. It is of great significance to mobilize the people of all ethnic groups in China to actively carry out the activities of greening the motherland.
6. Kite flying is also a popular activity in Qingming Festival. Every Qingming Festival, people not only put it during the day, but also at night. At night, a string of colorful lanterns are hung under the kite or on the wind stable stay wire. They are like twinkling stars and are called "magic lamps". In the past, some people cut the string after flying kites into the blue sky and let the breeze send them to the ends of the earth. It is said that this can eliminate diseases and bring good luck to themselves.
Qingming Festival in foreign countries
May 6, Syrian martyrs day. On that night, the government officials held a banquet in honor of the martyrs' relatives.
May 30 is memorial day in most states of the United States.
In August, during July and August of the Japanese lunar calendar, there is a Yulan Festival. Government agencies and enterprises have a three-day holiday. City dwellers return to the countryside to visit the graves of their ancestors.
September 1, Tunis national Tomb Sweeping Day, also known as hero's day, to commemorate the martyrs who died in the struggle for independence.
On the eve of the dead, people dressed in masks for the festival of the dead. It is said that this originated from Indian customs.
November 1, France, all souls day. People not only pay homage to the tombs of their ancestors, but also offer flowers to the monument of the Paris Commune.