Eating Laba porridge on Laba Festival is a common custom in all regions. It not only means a good moral, but also prays for peace in the next year. So what are the ingredients of Laba porridge? "Let's have a look.
What are the eight ingredients of Laba porridge
Rice is the first of five grains, with white color, which means' pure mind 'has the effect of hearing and eyesight!
2, red bean
Red beans are born in southern China. They are loveliest! They have the effect of refreshing the wind, moistening the skin and nourishing the face!
3, red dates
It means' red fire 'is a good product for nourishing qi and blood!
4. Job's tears
Job's tears is known as "life and health of the grass" with the benefit of water, spleen, in addition to Bi, Qingre pus effect!
5, mung bean
Mung bean is as refreshing as tea, which means' freedom 'has the effect of clearing away heat and detoxification!
Lily means "a hundred years of love", it has the effect of Nourishing Yin, clearing heat and nourishing blood essence!
Guiyuan means' wealth, reunion ', which has the effect of nourishing qi and blood and calming nerves!
8, lotus seed
Lotus seed means "more sons, more blessings". It has the functions of nourishing the spleen, stopping diarrhea, stopping diarrhea, benefiting the kidney and astringent essence, nourishing the heart and calming the nerves!
Notes on making Laba porridge
1. In the processing of food materials, different food materials should be cleaned, soaked, peeled, cored and sorted according to their characteristics. For example, legumes and other food materials that are not easy to cook, need to be fully soaked before cooking, and will be more soft and delicious after cooking.
2. People have the habit of adding alkali when cooking Laba porridge. They think it's quick to cook and the consistency of porridge is good. But this method is easy to cause the loss of B vitamins and other nutrients. Experts suggest that you should not add alkali when cooking Laba porridge. You can easily cook delicious Laba porridge by using the "miscellaneous grain porridge" function of electric rice cooker and electric pressure cooker.
3. The elderly eat porridge and put more beans
It is helpful to prevent osteoporosis to put more soybeans in Laba porridge. The gastrointestinal function of the elderly is weakened. Laba porridge is just soft, rotten and easy to digest. With the combination of thickness and fineness, it is rich in dietary fiber, which can increase the peristalsis of the intestine, and has a certain effect on the prevention of senile constipation.
4. Patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases should pay attention to
Job's tears is beneficial to water infiltration, spleen strengthening, lung nourishing and heat clearing. It can reduce blood pressure when added to congee. Red beans are good for water infiltration and blood supply. Soybean is rich in protein, crude fiber and trace elements. Green beans can assist in blood pressure reduction, which are more suitable for patients with hypertension and cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
5. Oats are the main form of diabetes
Oats can reduce the concentration of cholesterol in blood. Eating oats can slow down the rise of blood sugar. Adding oats to carbohydrate food can inhibit the rise of blood sugar. Therefore, for patients with diabetes and diabetes mellitus with cardiovascular disease, oats and buckwheat can be selected as the main ingredients.
6. People with dyspepsia should not eat too much
For those with dyspepsia, beans such as soybeans and black beans should be spared in Laba porridge, because beans contain flatulence factor, if eaten too much, it will cause gastrointestinal discomfort.