With the rapid development of wireless network, when the user data of LAN increases, the port of a router is not enough, so it needs to connect new extended network settings for cascade. So how do two routers connect? Let's learn about it.
How to connect two routers: check the basic settings of the wireless router
1. First, look at the basic interface of the wireless router. The blue is the WAN port, which is used to connect the network cable from ADSL modem, while the yellow is the LAN port, which is used to connect the PC / notebook network cable.
2. The next step is to check the IP address, user name and password of the wireless router. IP address, user name and password are generally written on the nameplate at the bottom of the wireless route. The default IP address is generally 192.168.1.1, and the default user name and password are generally admin. However, there are exceptions. The details are in the product manual.
3. Enter the previously viewed wireless routing IP address in the IE address column, for example, 192.168.1.1. Enter the user name and password in the pop-up login interface to log in to the wireless routing configuration interface, where you can comprehensively set the router related information, such as routing IP address, gateway and other related information.
How to connect two routers: setting up two routers
4. In order to better explain the related knowledge of the connection between two routers, we specially stipulate as follows: the router connected with ADSL or broadband is called router a, and the router connected with router A is called router B. Other computers in the LAN can be connected to the LAN port of one of the routers at will, but at the same time, they must comply with the rules of the connected router, that is, the IP address distribution range.
5. First, we set up router B: connect a computer to the LAN port of router B, open the browser and input 'http://192.168.1.1'. In the router configuration interface, set the default routing IP address to 22.214.171.124, subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, and gateway to 126.96.36.199. After setting, restart router B, open browser input 'http://188.8.131.52', open router B setting interface, set WAN port type as static IP address, IP address as' 192.168.1.2 ', subnet mask as 255.255.255.0, gateway as 192.168.1.1, DNS as 192.168.1.1.
At this point, the setting process of router B is completed. Later, the IP address of computers connected to router B's LAN port ranges from '184.108.40.206' to '220.127.116.11'. The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, the gateway is 18.104.22.168, and the DNS is 22.214.171.124.
How to connect two routers: successfully connecting two routers
6. Set router A: connect a computer to the LAN port of router a, open the browser and input 'http://192.168.1.1', set the default routing IP address to 192.168.1.1, subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 in the router configuration interface, and get the gateway address from the default setting or from the network service provider.
Restart router a after setup. To, the setting process of router A is completed. After that, the IP address range of computers connected to router A's LAN port is between '192.168.1.3' and '192.168.1.254', subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, gateway: 192.168.1.1, DNS: 192.168.1.1.
7. The LAN port of router A is connected with the WAN port of router B by network cable, and the LAN port of broadband or ADSL is connected with the WAN port of router A. so far, the LAN formed by two routers is completed.