On January 5, 2019, there will be a small cold solar term. 1. The coldest solar term in a year: although it's small, it's actually the coldest. It's not rare that it's common. 2. Pay attention to keeping warm and cold, especially the head and feet. When going out, it's better to wear a hat, soak your feet in hot water before going to bed. 3. 'move in winter, and have less disease'. Exercise moderately, and don't practice sweating. Folk proverb: 'little cold, big cold, cold into ice. In the coldest season of the year, there are many related solar terms and folk customs around China, such as' tonic recipe 'and' eating vegetable rice '.
1. Eat vegetable rice. It is a custom of old Nanjing for Xiaohan to eat vegetable rice. The origin of Xiaohan solar term is estimated to be related to the supplement of cold weather. The so-called vegetable rice is stir fried vegetables and rice together, adding bacon, sausages, ham, and diced duck. Among them, short legged yellow and duck are famous specialties in Nanjing, with Nanjing characteristics. In the past, these seemingly ordinary things were enjoyed by people with relatively rich family conditions. People with poor economic conditions were reluctant to add meat. They would bury a spoon of lard in the vegetable rice. At that time, there was not much oil and water in the ordinary food, so "lard and rice dressing" was particularly delicious!
2. Tonic prescription. "Huangdi's Internal Classic" records: "Yang in spring and summer, Yin in autumn and winter. 'in winter, all things are collected and stored. Health preservation should conform to the trend of nature collection and nourish the internal organs. It is not surprising that the cream formula can not only prevent and treat diseases, but also nourish the body and strengthen the body. It is popular among the people in winter. In the cold season, it's also the busiest time for cream preparation. Generally, the cream prepared in winter is almost eaten. At this time, some people will cook a little more and eat it around the Spring Festival.
3. Laba porridge. The main raw materials of Laba porridge are grains, commonly used are japonica rice, glutinous rice and job's tears rice. Japonica rice contains protein, fat, carbohydrate, calcium, phosphorus, iron and other components, with the functions of Tonifying the middle and Qi, nourishing the spleen and stomach, and the five internal organs, eliminating boredom and thirst. Glutinous rice has the function of warming the spleen and replenishing qi. It is suitable for people with low function of spleen and stomach to eat. It has some auxiliary therapeutic effect on deficiency of cold, diarrhea, thirst and urination.
4. Glutinous rice. In Guangzhou, Xiaohan traditionally eats glutinous rice in the morning. To avoid too much glutinous rice, it is generally 60% glutinous rice and 40% fragrant rice. Cut up the bacon and sausage, fry them, fry the peanuts, fry them, add some chopped scallion, and mix them in the rice. Glutinous rice means warm from the beginning to the end of the year. Because glutinous rice is higher than rice in sugar content, the whole body feels warm after eating, which is good for expelling cold. Theoretically speaking, glutinous rice has the effect of Tonifying the middle and Qi, and it is most suitable to eat glutinous rice in the cold season.
5. Yellow sprout. According to the records of Jinmen miscellany, in the old days of Tianjin, there was a custom of Xiaohan eating sprouts. Yellow sprout, a specialty of Tianjin, is made from cabbage sprouts. After the winter solstice, cut off the stems and leaves of cabbage, leave only the heart of cabbage, about two inches from the ground, cover with manure, do not breathe, and eat half a month later, crispy and tender, making up for the lack of vegetables in winter.
6. Chicken soup. Old Nanjing also has the habit of eating a chicken and an egg every day, so people in Xiaohan have chicken soup and eggs on the table. Stewed hen soup, with some health materials will be better. Put whatever you have at home, red dates, lotus seeds, wolfberry, longan and so on. You can also match with mushrooms, yams, Cordyceps flowers, scallops, and sea rice. The taste is fresh and peaceful. Cook slowly for 2-3 hours, then skim the fat off the top, remove the bone and meat from the chicken, eat and drink directly, make the hot pot soup base, or use chicken soup to cook noodles in the morning.
7. Mutton. "Xiaohan" is the coldest time of the year. People are easily attacked by the cold wind. The fastest and most effective way to resist the cold is not a cotton padded clothes, but a bowl of steaming mutton soup. Mutton is the most cost-effective of warm food. If you cook it with some angelica, yam and carrot, and season it with onion and ginger, it's recommended to eat it once a week, not only won't be on fire, but also can live a warm winter.
Small cold term diet should be miscellaneous, warm and bitter. Food should be mixed: that is to say, the food should be diversified, refined and coarse, meat and vegetable should be eaten simultaneously. In winter, people tend to prefer high protein, high fat and high sugar food, not to eat or eat less coarse grains, vegetables, fruits and vegetables. This is not only easy to make people suffer from iron deficiency anemia, vitamin deficiency, constipation, angular stomatitis, gum bleeding and other diseases.
Mild cold term diet should be bitter: mild cold climate is cold, is on fire 'peak season'. At this time, the diet should be salty and bitter. Bitter food can help the heart Yang, reduce excessive kidney water, and play a role in nourishing the kidney. Traditional Chinese medicine believes that bitter food can enter the heart meridian and relieve the heart fire, cold and dry, and more bitter food such as bitter melon, orange peel, lotus seed heart, buckwheat can help the heart Yang.
Small cold season diet should be warm: small cold winter is a good time to eat mutton and chicken isothermal hot food, especially for those who are partial to Yang deficiency constitution: duck meat is better for those who are partial to yin deficiency diet. Food should not be sticky or cold. In winter, hot porridge is also very suitable, such as mutton porridge, to warm and nourish Yang Qi: oatmeal porridge, to nourish the heart and remove boredom; walnut porridge, to nourish yin and solidify essence; sweet potato porridge, to nourish the liver and kidney.
It's better to eat more cold resistant food in Xiaohan solar term: it doesn't matter that Xiaohan solar term is cold resistant. Eat some root vegetables such as yam, lotus root, onion, potato, etc., which contain a lot of minerals and calories, and regular food can resist cold. At the same time, Xiaohan is suitable for eating some high protein foods, because the cold makes the blood stored in the body, and the internal organs are fed adequately, so it is more suitable for tonic in winter.