In winter, the temperature is relatively low, and the plants can't stand the test. Many friends who raise flowers are very worried that the winter flowers can't survive the winter, so how to raise flowers in winter is the best? Actually, there are skills to raise flowers in winter. Let's get to know.
1. Ensure proper temperature
① Deciduous woody flowers, such as rose, honeysuckle, pomegranate and so on, are usually dormant in winter, and the room temperature can be controlled at about 5 ℃. When the temperature is lower than 5 ℃, plastic bag can be used to cover the basin to increase the temperature. ② Evergreen woody flowers, such as Milan, jasmine, gardenia, etc., must ensure that the room temperature is more than 15 degrees. If the temperature is too low, the plants are vulnerable to freezing. ③ For perennial herbs, such as bamboo, geranium, Begonia, ivy, and pineapple, it's better to keep the temperature around 15 ℃ and at least 10 ℃. ④ Perennial indoor woody plants, such as fortune trees, happiness trees and rubber trees, should have a temperature of no less than 5 degrees, and when they are low, they are prone to freeze damage.
2. Ensure proper lighting
① Light plants: in winter, the light is weak. Try to place the flowers in a place with sufficient light, especially the plants that bloom in winter and spring, such as Cyclamen, Clivia, camellia, crab claw orchid, etc. the light must be sufficient. ② Shade tolerant plants: for indoor foliage plants, such as green pineapple, Chlorophytum, ivy, etc., although the light requirements are not strict, it is better to have scattered light. In addition, we should always keep the indoor air circulation. In the sunny and warm noon, we should open more windows for ventilation, but we should avoid the cold wind blowing on the plants. Seven skills of raising flowers in winter
3. Proper watering
① Watering time: the temperature is low in winter. It is better to water when the temperature is high at noon, so that the water temperature is close to the room temperature. When you use self watering, be sure to dry it. ② Frequency of watering: most plants are in dormancy or semi dormancy in winter, which requires little water. Therefore, water control must be carried out in winter to reduce the frequency of watering. As long as the basin soil is not too dry, do not water.
4. Reasonable fertilization in winter, most flowers enter the dormancy period, there is little demand for fertilizer, at this time, we should try to reduce fertilization or stop fertilization, otherwise it will easily lead to root rot.
5. In winter, the temperature of pest control is low, and the infection of pest is relatively less. However, we still need to pay attention to some fungal diseases, such as gray mold and root rot. we usually pay attention to ventilation and reduce the humidity of basin soil, which can effectively prevent and control bacterial infection.
6. Increase air humidity in winter the air is dry, especially in the heating room. If the air is too dry, the following methods can be used to increase the air humidity: (1) the leaf spray method selects a clear noon for spraying water around the leaves or plants. ② Plastic bagging method covers the flowerpot with plastic film to increase the air humidity.
7. Pay attention to clean the leaf surface in winter, the indoor air circulation is less, the plant leaf surface is easy to accumulate dust, which not only affects the beauty but also affects the normal growth of the plant, so it is necessary to clean it in time. Sponge or other soft cloth can be used to wipe gently to keep the leaves clean.