In the past two years, it has become popular to keep pets, and there are more people keeping hamsters. Before raising hamsters, should we start to understand their living habits? What snacks do hamsters like to eat?
What snacks does little hamster eat?
Nuts? In fact, it's OK to cut melon seeds, peanut nuts, fruit apples, cucumbers, etc. into small pieces and feed them normally. These small snacks can help small hamsters supplement a variety of nutrients, which can make our lovely pets grow faster.
Many people don't know what kind of snacks the hamster eats. They think it's enough to feed it some vegetables and fruits. In fact, if they can supplement some nuts to the hamster in time, it can make it grow healthily. Especially for pregnant hamsters, the food intake has increased several times than usual. If we can timely supplement some nuts and other foods, the milk of mother hamsters will be more sufficient after birth, and the survival rate of hamsters will be higher.
1、 What do hamsters eat
1. What do hamsters like to eat
1) Vegetables. Vegetables, carrots, spinach, cucumber, cabbage, papaya (green and yellow vegetables are preferred).
2) Seed class. Sunflower seeds, peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts.
3) Fruits. Apples, strawberries, cherries, etc.
4) Cereals. Chicken feed, bird feed, wheat, corn, millet.
5) Plants. Dandelion, Pueraria, plantain.
6) Animal protein. Beef, chicken, poached egg white, cheese, milk, yogurt, bread bug, barley bug.
2. What can't hamsters eat
Although hamsters are omnivorous animals, there are still things that can't be eaten. If you eat them carelessly, you will have diarrhea if you eat them, and you will die if you eat them carelessly.
1) Spicy (pungent) food. Such as pepper, green pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, leek and so on.
2) Peach, plum, apple and other kernels. It is said to cause the rat's heartbeat to speed up, which may lead to shock and other symptoms. The detailed reasons are not very clear, but it's better to be credible and careful. The potassium content of the above things is high, so it is easy to cause rats to eat too much, heart beat too fast and die.
3) What people eat. People's food, after cooking, is too oily and salty for rats and mice, which is harmful to health. Especially meat dishes or other oily snacks should not be given to rats and mice.