Sihai network

What does 925 mean in 925 pure silver? Precautions for daily maintenance of silver ornaments

When we go to silver jewelry, many waiters will say that it's 925 pure silver. For those who don't know about it, is it stupid? So what does 925 mean in 95 pure silver? Let's get to know.

What does 925 pure silver mean

Pure silver is easy to deform, so we will not use 100% pure silver when making silver ornaments. Generally, a certain alloy will be added to silver to increase the hardness of silver ornaments, which is suitable for people to wear. The international standard is 925 pure silver, that is, 92.5% silver content, the rest 7.5% other metal content. In addition to the 925 pure silver, there is still a high content of pure silver, that is, 999 pure silver. But at present, 925 is used as the standard to identify whether it is pure silver in the market.

How to maintain silver ornaments daily:

1. It's best to wear silver jewelry every day after purchase, because the human body will make silver give out a warm and natural luster. However, if you wear silver jewelry for a long time and contact with the air, the surface will be oxidized and blackened. When you wear it, you can use a soft cloth to wipe the surface of silver jewelry to keep the luster.

2. When wearing silver jewelry, do not wear other precious metal jewelry at the same time to avoid collision, deformation or abrasion.

3. If the silver ornament is not worn, it should be wiped with cotton cloth and put into the jewelry box, or sealed with a sealed pocket to prevent the surface of the silver ornament from being oxidized and blackened due to contact with the air.

4, avoid silver contact with chemical products, usually do not put on jewelry with perfume, skin care products together.

5. To avoid contact with high temperature or sulfide, especially when bathing in a hot spring and swimming by the sea, it is best to remove the silver.

6. When washing clothes and doing rough work, remove the silver ornaments to avoid scratching.

7. The simple way to clean the silver ornaments is to squeeze some toothpaste and apply it on the silver ornaments, add some water and knead it properly to have small white bubbles, and then rinse it with water to restore the brightness. After a while, it's better to go to the silver shop for cleaning and maintenance. After all, they are professional.