Purple potato is rich in nutrition, rich in vitamins, and delicious. There is no better food than this. Many people like to cook purple potato porridge, but why is the porridge made of purple potato blue or green. It's terrible. Can we drink these purple potato porridge?
Why porridge of purple sweet potato is blue or green
1. Purple potato porridge will turn blue-green, because purple potato is rich in anthocyanins.
2. Anthocyanin, a natural pigment, is purple in neutral environment, purple in acid environment and blue in alkaline environment.
Generally, purple potato porridge and other porridge can easily turn blue or even green due to water or other reasons. Just add a little acid liquid like white vinegar or lemon juice to turn purple.
The effect of purple potato porridge
1. Purple potato is rich in protein, including 8 kinds of amino acids, which is easy to be digested and absorbed by human body.
2. Purple sweet potato is rich in vitamin A, B, C and so on, which are necessary nutrients for human body.
3. Purple sweet potato is rich in cellulose, which can promote digestion, improve gastrointestinal function and prevent gastrointestinal diseases.
So the babies cook blue or green purple potato porridge. Don't be afraid. It's edible and nutritious. Eat it boldly and safely.