delicious crab will be on the market soon. Crab is a very delicious food. Generally, it's the season to eat crab in autumn. Do you know whether to eat male crab or female crab in September? What's the difference between male crab and female crab? How to distinguish? Let's follow the small compilation of sihai.com.
Eat male or female crab in September?
It's better to eat crab in September. Eat the female crab in September and the male crab in October. Because in autumn, the climate gradually changes from cold to cold. In September of the lunar calendar, the digestive glands and ovaries of the female crab grow into crab roe to prepare for the needs of winter and next year's reproduction (in spring, crab roe becomes Crab Roe). At this time, when you peel the crab shell, you can see that there are many yellow and sticky things in the crab shell and the crab lump, that is, raw crab roe. When cooked, the crab turns red, and the deeper the red, the stronger the crab. But male crabs grow more slowly. Until October of the lunar calendar, fat gradually accumulates and becomes crab cream. When you peel the shell of a male crab, you can see something white and sticky in the same place, which is crab paste. When cooked, the crabmeat becomes translucent. The more crab paste there is, the stronger the male crab is.
How to distinguish between male crab and female crab
The abdomen of male crab is triangular and pointed, while that of female crab is round or oval. This is the simplest and most convenient way to distinguish male and female crabs. People can distinguish them with their eyes.
Look at crab feet
Female crabs have only two legs with fine fluff on their feet, while male crabs have different fluff on their eight legs.
Look at crab roe
Among the crabs, the crabs with orange color are crabmeat, the crabs with crab color are mother crabs, and the crabmeat is the ovary and egg cells of crabs. Generally around September of the lunar calendar, the female crab gonads are mature and the crab meat is the most plump. Male Crabs do not.
Look at crab paste
The white and sticky crab paste is the crab paste, the crab with the crab paste is the male crab, and the crab paste is the accessory gonad of the crab. Generally, after the October of the lunar calendar, the male crab gonads are mature, and the crab meat is the most plump. But the mother crab did not.
How to choose crabs
1. Look at the crab shell. The back of high-quality crab shell is dark green, shiny and thick; the back of low-quality crab shell is yellow and thin.
2. Look at the navel. The belly button of high quality crab is protruding, and the fat paste is full; the belly button of low quality crab is concave, and the paste fat is insufficient.
3. Look at the feet. The quality crab has more fluff on its feet, which is fat and healthy. The quality crab has no fluff on its feet and is soft and fat free.
4. Look at the energy level. If you put the crab's belly in the sky, it is fresh crab that can quickly turn over and crawl. Otherwise, it is not fresh enough.
5. Look at the male and female. Before and after September of the lunar calendar, the gonads of female crab are mature and the meat of crab is plump; after October of the lunar calendar, the gonads of male crab are mature and the meat of crab is plump.