Autumn is the best time for people to taste crabs. Are many people's favorite hairy crabs with delicious taste? Crabs are also divided into male and female. There's a common saying among the people. In September, the round navel is the tip of October. The round navel is the female crabs, and the male crabs are the tip of the navel. So how do crabs divide their parents?
How do crabs divide their parents
1. Look at the abdomen
The abdomen of male crab is triangular and pointed, while that of female crab is round or oval. This is the simplest and most convenient way to distinguish male and female crabs. People can distinguish them with their eyes.
2. Look at crab feet
Female crabs have only two legs with fine fluff on their feet, while male crabs have different fluff on their eight legs.
3. See crab roe
Among the crabs, the crabs with orange color are crabmeat, the crabs with crab color are mother crabs, and the crabmeat is the ovary and egg cells of crabs. Generally around September of the lunar calendar, the female crab gonads are mature and the crab meat is the most plump. Male Crabs do not.
4. See the crab paste
The white and sticky crab paste is the crab paste, the crab with the crab paste is the male crab, and the crab paste is the accessory gonad of the crab. Generally, after the October of the lunar calendar, the male crab gonads are mature, and the crab meat is the most plump. But the mother crab did not.
Do crabs eat the male or the female
We know that the most delicious part of crabs is crab roe and crab paste, but only female crabs have crab roe, but only male crabs have crab paste. So, to be specific, which one is really good, it depends on when the crab roe and crab paste are mature. Generally speaking, the gonad of the female crab is mature around September of the lunar calendar, and the crab meat and crab roe are the most plump at this time; and after October of the lunar calendar, the gonad of the male crab is mature, and the crab meat and crab paste begin to be plump.
Therefore, it means that it's better to eat female crabs around September, while it's better to eat male crabs after October.
How to choose crabs
1. Look at the crab shell. The back of high-quality crab shell is dark green, shiny and thick; the back of low-quality crab shell is yellow and thin.
2. Look at the navel. The belly button of high quality crab is protruding, and the fat paste is full; the belly button of low quality crab is concave, and the paste fat is insufficient.
3. Look at the feet. The quality crab has more fluff on its feet, which is fat and healthy. The quality crab has no fluff on its feet and is soft and fat free.
4. Look at the energy level. If you put the crab's belly in the sky, it is fresh crab that can quickly turn over and crawl. Otherwise, it is not fresh enough.
5. Look at the male and female. Before and after September of the lunar calendar, the gonads of female crab are mature and the meat of crab is plump; after October of the lunar calendar, the gonads of male crab are mature and the meat of crab is plump.