For two-year-old children, their parents will start to think about brushing their teeth. How to choose the right toothpaste and toothbrush for them? What's the right way for them to brush their teeth?
How old can a baby brush his teeth
Generally speaking, when a child is two and a half years old and 20 baby teeth have erupted, he / she can start to learn how to brush his / her teeth; when he / she is about 3 years old, he / she should develop the habit of brushing his / her teeth in the morning and evening and gargling after meals.
Brushing teeth can not only clean teeth and remove plaque, but also massage gums, promote blood circulation of gums, improve local nutrition and oxygen supply, facilitate tissue metabolism, and improve the disease resistance of gums. Therefore, brushing is an effective way to maintain oral cleaning and prevent caries and periodontal disease.
Correct brushing methods for infants and young children
When brushing teeth, it should include three tooth surfaces: internal measuring surface, external side and horizontal chewing surface. Special attention should be paid to cleaning the rear molars (lingual side) and upper molars (buccal side), because these are the most easily missed places when the baby brushes his teeth.
The following steps can teach you how to brush your baby's teeth correctly:
In addition, we must adhere to the three or two system, that is, brush three times a day, and pay attention to that time before going to bed at night; brush the three surfaces of the teeth (cheek, tongue, biting and lifting surface), and brush the teeth carefully for three minutes each time.
How to choose baby toothbrush
1. The bristles should be soft and the brush head should be small, so that all the baby's teeth, including the innermost teeth, can be easily contacted.
2. The brush surface is flat, and the top of the bristles is round, so that the baby's gums will not be scratched.
3. Adult toothbrush is not suitable for young children, because the brush head is too big, the baby is uncomfortable to use, and the brush hair may be too hard, which will wear the baby's teeth and gums.
4. Choose a toothbrush with a 'hard' handle to maximize muscle movement skills.
5. Place the toothbrush upright and keep dry. Ensure that the bristles of each toothbrush do not touch each other to prevent bacteria from passing from one toothbrush to another.
6. When the toothbrush is worn, such as when the bristles are scattered, the toothbrush should be replaced.
7. In any case, change your toothbrush at least every four months, and be sure to change your toothbrush after you get sick, because there may be bacteria on your old toothbrush.
How to choose baby toothpaste
In terms of function, there are medicated toothpastes for cleaning, deodorization, acid prevention, caries prevention, sterilization, anti-inflammatory and hemostasis. Therefore, families with children should buy two kinds of toothpaste, adult toothpaste and children's toothpaste. In addition to the bright color, sweet taste and lively packaging, the fluoride content of children's toothpaste is relatively low.
Why shouldn't children use toothpastes with high fluorine content? Because children's hands-on ability is poor, the development of hand operation function is not perfect, and the skills of mouthwash are not fully mastered. At this time, if the adult toothpaste with high fluorine content is used, it is inevitable to swallow the toothpaste with high fluorine content by mistake when brushing. If you swallow too much fluoride every day, it is not conducive to the healthy growth of children. If the child has not mastered the skill of mouthwash, he may not use the toothpaste at first, but use the denser tea water to brush his teeth, because the tea water also contains the fluorine element of caries prevention.