Mapo Tofu is a family dish that many people like very much at home, but many people don't know what tofu to use to make Mapo Tofu. Generally, it's made of tender tofu. In fact, old tofu can also be made of Mapo Tofu! Let's follow the small editor to learn how to make Mapo tofu.
Can Mapo Tofu use old tofu?
In general, the restaurants in Chengdu use tender tofu, which has a waxy taste. But it can also be made of old tofu, because old tofu is more delicious, and this dish will taste better. The bean curd is delicious and delicious. The taste is not old at all. The mouth is tender and smooth.
Before making tofu, cut tofu into pieces and blanch it in boiling water with salt. In this way, we can get rid of the fishy smell of some beans, and make tofu more tender. At the same time, it is not easy to break it in later cooking.
Practice of Mapo Tofu with old tofu
Materials: a piece of tofu, a proper amount of minced beef, Pixian bean paste, cooking wine, raw soy sauce, salt, edible oil, pepper powder, shallot
Methods: 1. Evenly cut tofu into square pieces, cut scallion into scallion, add some cooking wine and soy sauce to minced beef.
2. Add a small amount of clear water and a spoon of salt into the pot. After the water is boiled, turn it to a low heat and add tofu pieces to blanch. In the process of blanching, pay attention not to let the water boil again, which is easy to damage the shape of tofu. Put the stewed tofu in reserve.
3. Heat the oil in the pot, stir fry in Pixian bean paste until the bean paste becomes bright and fragrant, and then put the fried bean paste out for use.
4. Add some oil into the pot, pour out the surplus marinade of the minced beef, and then put it into the pot to fry. After the color change of the beef mince gives off the fragrance, add the bean paste which has been fried before and stir well.
5. Add some water to the pot, and then put the previously blanched tofu into the pot to ensure that the water can not pass the tofu. Continue to open the fire, shake the pan to make tofu into a whole and slide it in one direction (clockwise or anticlockwise) in the pan, and collect the soup in the process.
6. Turn off the fire after the soup is half dried, sprinkle pepper powder and scallion on the tofu evenly, and then put it on the plate.
Tip: to make sure that 'you can't see the red oil in the pot, but the red oil will come out slowly after the pan is installed', so there is a way to slide the pot in one direction, just to keep the red oil from coming out.
What tofu do Mapo Tofu use?
Tofu includes water tofu (South tofu) and old tofu (North tofu). Mapo Tofu is originally a dish in Sichuan. The authentic Mapo Tofu is made of nantofu, which is also called tender tofu and soft tofu. Mapo Tofu is a famous Sichuan dish. It is made of nantofu. Chefs usually use South tofu. Chefs have good technology. That is to say, when they use South tofu, it is not easy to break, tender and does not need to cook for so long. At home, there are more North tofu. North bean curd is more resistant to cooking, not easy to break, and its shape is relatively neat. It will taste after more cooking.