the greatest wish of parents is to hope the baby to grow up healthily and happily. However, the baby has a long way to grow up, and it is inevitable to encounter some small diseases and pains. Pollen allergy is one of them. See the baby suffering from disease, parents are suffering, hate to be sick is their own, let the baby suffer less. In March, spring is the best time to travel. Many parents will choose this time to bring their baby into the nature. But some parents are worried, because it's also the season when babies are most likely to suffer from pollen allergy! Don't worry, what will you do?
What is pollen allergy
Anaphylaxis is an abnormal reaction of human body to normal substances (allergens). Only when the allergens contact the people with allergic constitution, they will have anaphylaxis. There are hundreds of allergens, such as pollen, dust, allogenic protein, chemicals, ultraviolet rays, etc., some of which can not even be found.
Pollen allergy is a common disease in allergy department, which affects human health.
Many people will have allergic reactions after inhaling pollen, namely pollen allergy, also known as' seasonal allergic rhinitis'. It is a series of pathophysiological processes caused by pollen sensitization in patients with atopic constitution, mainly manifested as sneezing, clear water like snot, nose, eyes, ears, and upper palate itching, which may be accompanied by dyspnea or urticaria and eczema. Pollen allergy has become a veritable epidemic, especially in the spring.
Manifestations of pollen allergy
Sometimes some parents see the baby sneezing all the time, thinking that the baby is a common cold, please pay attention, maybe the baby is allergic to pollen? Generally speaking, pollen allergy has the following several manifestations.
1. Pollen allergic rhinitis. The nose of the child is particularly itchy. Suddenly, he sneezes continuously and spurts a lot of snot. His nose is blocked and his breath is not smooth.
2, pollen allergic asthma, manifested as paroxysmal cough, dyspnea, white foam like mucus, sudden onset of asthma and more and more serious, after spring and normal people no two.
3. Pollen allergic conjunctivitis is characterized by itchy eyes, swollen eyelids, and often accompanied by watery or purulent mucus secretion.
Parents can take a look at the symptoms of the baby based on these performances.
Causes of pollen allergy
In the process of anaphylaxis, the anaphylactic medium plays a direct role. The allergen is the external cause of anaphylaxis, while the immune capacity of the body is low. The oxidative damage of a large number of free radicals to mast cells and basophils is the internal cause of anaphylaxis. Due to the improvement of people's living standards, a large number of eggs, meat products and other high protein, high calorie diets are consumed in the diet, resulting in the body's ability to produce antibodies is increased, so when encountering antigens such as pollen, allergy is more likely to occur. On the other hand, because of the air pollution, water pollution and the extensive application of food additives, the human body is exposed to more antigen substances, which promotes the occurrence of allergic diseases.
In addition, according to the theory of traditional Chinese medicine and the latest research results, allergies are mainly caused by wind, dampness, heat and evil accumulation in the blood and skin, or due to the blood heat and the feeling of external wind, that is, there is a considerable relationship between allergies and certain toxins in the blood of the human body.
The oil and polysaccharide contained in pollen will be digested by nasal secretion after being inhaled, and then more than ten kinds of antibodies will be released. If the antibody meets the invading pollen and accumulates in large quantities, it will cause skin allergy.
How to prevent baby pollen allergy
Children suffering from pollen allergy are often 2-3 years old, pollen allergy makes the baby very uncomfortable, parents look at the baby uncomfortable, they are more uncomfortable, so how to prevent the baby pollen allergy?
1. Take certain preventive measures for the children with pollen allergy to reduce or alleviate the attack of the disease. For example, in the season with high pollen concentration in the air, antihistamines such as chlorpheniramine can be taken regularly under the guidance of doctors. For children with severe allergic rhinitis and asthma, hormone was used.
2. Reduce children's exposure to pollen, such as closing doors and windows during pollen pollination; in the morning, with high pollen density, try to delay children's going out in the morning, do not let children do outdoor morning exercises; do not dry children's clothes and bedding outdoors; reduce field activities; take children out less on windy or sunny days.
3. Try to reduce the high protein and high calorie diet, and eat less refined food. For example, if you are allergic to vegetables or fruits, you should avoid eating those allergic plant foods.
How to treat pollen allergy
Pollen allergy is a recurrent disease, patients suffer from pain, generally speaking, will choose the following treatment.
1. Use antihistamines, such as chlorpheniramine, cismin, minke, kairuitan, etc. However, antihistamines only temporarily solve the allergic symptoms, and the basis of allergy has not changed. Under the stimulation of allergens, the allergic medium is still constantly released, so even if the antihistamines treatment is good for a while, it will still attack repeatedly, and it will cause the disorder of the normal intestinal flora of the patient, further affect the absorption function of the patient's intestinal tract, the positive of vitamins and various trace elements Often absorbed.
2. Xanthamine and hormone drugs: these drugs only relieve symptoms, and have great side effects, especially on the development of infants, children and adolescents.
At present, pollen allergy is not completely cured, most of them are mainly prevention.