Salted duck egg is a common food, especially in the Dragon Boat Festival, many families have the habit of salted duck egg. So how much salt is better for a kilo of salted duck eggs? Salted duck egg skills are also very important.
How much salt do you put in a jin of duck eggs
When salting duck eggs, the amount of salt is the key. If it's less, it doesn't taste good. If it's lack of salt, it can't be preserved. It's easy to get bad. Of course, too much salty, not delicious, also can't. Besides, saltiness is not good for health.
Generally speaking, the ratio of egg to salt is 10:1, the water must be cold boiled water, the water level can exceed the egg.
In actual operation, you might as well have a taste of the salt. The water used for salting duck eggs is boiled. After the water is boiled, put salt. Don't put too much at a time. When the salt reaches a certain level, the salt won't melt. This shows that the salt water is saturated. The saturated salt water won't be particularly salty. It's just good for salting duck eggs. Cool the water and pour out the salt that precipitates below. Then you can marinate the salted duck eggs.
What kind of salt is used for salting duck eggs
Use coarse salt. And crude salt is more affordable.
Of course, crude salt is not just for the sake of economy. In addition to sodium chloride, the main chemical components of table salt also contain water, magnesium chloride, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, calcium sulfate, iodine and other trace compounds. These compounds are essential substances for human body. There is a certain amount in coarse salt, but they are removed in fine salt processing.
When magnesium chloride in coarse salt is heated again, it will decompose hydrochloric acid gas. Hydrochloric acid gas can help protein in food hydrolyze into delicious amino acids. After stimulating olfactory nerve, people will feel that the smell of coarse salt is stronger than that of fine salt.
What's the difference between coarse salt and fine salt? According to the processing method, there are two kinds of salt in China: coarse salt and fine salt (refined salt)
(1) Grain shape: coarse salt is unprocessed large grain salt, the shape is granular, the shape is large; fine salt is processed large grain salt, the shape is flaky, the shape is small.
(2) Saltiness: crude salt impurities contain acid salt compounds (magnesium sulfate and magnesium oxide). After hydrolysis of these acid salt molecules, it will stimulate the taste nerve, so it will feel that the saltiness of crude salt is greater than that of fine salt.
(3) Flavor: when magnesium chloride in coarse salt is heated again, it will decompose into hydrochloric acid gas. Hydrochloric acid gas can help protein in food hydrolyze into delicious amino acids. After stimulating olfactory nerve, people will feel that the flavor of coarse salt is stronger than that of fine salt.
(4) Sodium chloride: the main chemical component of salt is sodium chloride. Sodium chloride can help the human body to play the role of penetration, such as food digested into soluble body, must have enough concentration, through a variety of cells to penetrate into the blood, so that the nutrients sent to various parts of the human body tissue, so the role of sodium chloride is very big. Generally, the coarse salt contains 85% - 90% sodium chloride and the fine salt is more than 96%.
(5) Soluble substance: the main chemical composition of salt, in addition to sodium chloride, also contains water, magnesium chloride, magnesium sulfate, potassium chloride, calcium sulfate, iodine and other trace compounds, these compounds are essential substances for human body, there is a certain amount in coarse salt, but they are removed in fine salt processing.
From the above comparison, it can be seen that eating coarse salt in daily life is better for people's health than eating fine salt. Of course, crude salt is easy to be polluted by harmful substances. Because of the pollution of sea water, some crude sea salt contains harmful heavy metal elements which exceed the standard. The nutrients in crude salt may be helpful to supplement the corresponding trace elements, but in fact the effect is not necessarily good. Because there is so much salt to eat every day, it is not possible to supplement nutrients by eating salt. If there is really a problem such as calcium deficiency, it should be changed by changing the total diet. Therefore, it is not recommended to buy crude salt.
How to marinate salted duck eggs
Ten catties of duck eggs use about two catties of salt and four catties of water. Dissolve the salt in water, wash the eggs and put them in salt water for about a month. To make yolk oil, add a little baijiu.
2. Salting with yellow mud
Add salt to the same amount of salt, mix the water into the mud, mix salt, mix the yellow mud evenly, and put the egg in the altar. Add a little Baijiu to the altar edge, seal the altar mouth, and make it about January.
3. Baijiu soaking
The duck 's egg is boiling and drying in cold boiling water, then it is soaked in prepared Baijiu, and then removed for a period of time. Then, a layer of salt is evenly distributed on top.