1. Minor accident, causing minor injury to 1-3 people or property loss, motor vehicle loss less than 1000 yuan, non motor vehicle loss less than 200 yuan;
2. General accident refers to an accident that causes serious injury to 1-2 persons or minor injury to more than 3 persons, or property loss of less than 30000 yuan;
3. Major accidents, which cause 1-2 deaths, 3-10 serious injuries, or property losses of more than 30000 yuan but less than 60000 yuan;
4. Major accident refers to an accident that causes more than 3 deaths or more than 11 serious injuries at one time, or more than 8 serious injuries at the same time of one death, or more than 5 serious injuries at the same time of two deaths, or property loss of more than 60000 yuan.
(2) the determination of liability for traffic accidents shall be made within the following time limit from the date of occurrence of traffic accidents:
1. 5 days for minor accidents;
2. 15 days for general accidents;
3. 20 days for serious and serious accidents;
If it is unable to make the determination on time due to the complex circumstances of the traffic accident, it shall be reported to the public security and traffic management department at the next higher level for approval, and the period shall be extended for 5 days, 15 days and 20 days respectively according to the above provisions.
(III) re determination of the letter of confirmation
1. If the party escapes or intentionally damages or forges the scene or destroys the evidence, so that the responsibility for the traffic accident cannot be determined, he shall be fully responsible.
2. If one of the parties has the conditions to report the case but fails to report the case or fails to report the case in time, so that the responsibility for the traffic accident cannot be determined, it shall bear full responsibility. If the parties fail to handle the case or report the case in time when they have the conditions to report the case, so that the responsibility for the traffic accident cannot be determined, they shall bear the same responsibility. However, if a traffic accident occurs between a motor vehicle and a non motor vehicle or pedestrian, the motor vehicle party shall bear the primary responsibility, while the non motor vehicle or pedestrian party shall bear the secondary responsibility.
If a party is not satisfied with the determination of responsibility, he may apply to the public security organ at the next higher level for re determination within 15 days after receiving the letter of responsibility, and the public security organ at the next higher level shall make a decision of maintaining, changing or revoking the letter of application within 30 days after receiving the letter of re determination. After receiving the new decision on road traffic accident liability, it shall be announced to all parties or agents within 5 days. The responsibility of traffic accident is the final decision.
(IV) presumption of liability