Sihaiwang: licorice is a common Chinese herbal medicine, which is generally used for relieving cough and resolving phlegm. Many drugs for relieving cough and resolving phlegm contain licorice ingredients. In addition, licorice is also a kind of food. Let's see what licorice does, and what its functions and effects are!
Effect and function of Glycyrrhiza
1. Invigorating the spleen and Qi
Licorice can be used for heart qi deficiency, palpitation, palpitation, pulse generation, spleen and stomach qi deficiency, fatigue, etc 2. Slow and urgent pain relief
Licorice has the effect of relieving pain. It can relieve stomachache and headache to a certain extent. You can boil licorice into soup and take it.
3. Expelling phlegm and relieving cough
Licorice has the function of relieving cough and resolving phlegm. It can be used to treat tracheitis and emphysema. It can relieve coughing and can not produce phlegm.
4. Heat clearing and detoxification
It is used for carbuncle, sore throat, dampness and toxin. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect. It can also be used to reduce the detoxification of other traditional Chinese medicine.
5. Harmonizing various medicines
Used to reconcile the strength of certain drugs. For example, seasoning Chengqi Decoction can alleviate the diarrhea of rhubarb and mirabilite and stimulate the gastrointestinal tract. In addition, it is also commonly used in many prescriptions to mix various drugs.
No use of licorice
1. People with high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, kidney disease, heart disease, or liver and menstrual problems should avoid taking licorice.
2. People who are using Angiotension inhibitors and diuretics should also avoid licorice.
3. Excessive use of Glycyrrhiza in pregnant women can cause massive bleeding and even lead to premature delivery.
4. Women in lactation must pay attention not to take licorice, which is harmful to their own health and baby's health.
Liquorice fish ball and sweet potato soup
Ingredients: 20g licorice, 200g fish ball, 1 sweet potato, a little green onion and ginger, 3G salt, 1200g clear water.
1. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into pieces, add licorice, water and ginger, and boil the soup in high heat.
2. Transfer the text and heat for 20 minutes.