Bernard MillingA, a Dutch chemist, won the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 2016. He led a team to study 'self-healing materials' at East China University of science and technology in Shanghai.
Another "green card" was issued by Swiss scientist Kurt & middot vetrichi, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 2002. He led a research team in Shanghai University of science and technology to explore the molecular mechanism of G-protein-coupled receptor in human body.
This news made countless foreigners working in mainland China cry up to the sky: is the distance between China's green card and me a Nobel Prize?
Q: what are the conditions for applying for China's' green card '?
A: Article 6 of the measures for the administration of examination and approval of foreigners' permanent residence in China stipulates that foreigners applying for permanent residence in China shall abide by Chinese laws, be in good health, have no criminal record and meet one of the following conditions:
(1) direct investment in China, stable investment for three consecutive years and good tax payment record;
(2) having held the post of deputy general manager, deputy factory director or above in China, or having the title of associate professor, associate researcher or above and enjoying the same treatment, having been in China for four consecutive years or more and having a good tax record for not less than three years in total;
(3) having made significant and outstanding contributions to China and special needs of the state;
(4) the spouses of the persons referred to in Items 1, 2 and 3 of this paragraph and their unmarried children under the age of 18;
(5) the spouse of a Chinese citizen or an alien who has obtained the qualification of permanent residence in China, whose marriage relationship has lasted for at least five years, who has resided in China for at least five consecutive years, who has resided in China for at least nine months each year, and who has stable life security and residence;
(6) unmarried children under the age of 18 who have joined their parents; (7) those who have no immediate family abroad, who have joined their immediate family in China, who have reached the age of 60, have resided in China for five consecutive years, have resided in China for at least nine months each year, and have stable life security and residence.
Article 6 the registered capital actually paid by foreigners referred to in the first paragraph of the first paragraph of Article 6 shall meet one of the following conditions: (1) the total amount of investment in the encouraged industries in the catalogue of industry guidance for foreign investment promulgated by the State shall be more than 500000 US dollars; (2) the total amount of investment in the western region of China and the key counties for poverty alleviation and development shall be more than 500000 US dollars; (3) the total amount of investment in the central region of China The total investment is more than US $1 million; (4) the total investment in China is more than US $2 million.
Article 6 for foreigners referred to in Item 2 of paragraph 1, their work units shall meet one of the following conditions: (1) departments of the State Council or institutions affiliated to the people's government at the provincial level; (2) key institutions of higher learning; (3) enterprises and institutions that carry out national key projects or major scientific research projects; (4) high-tech enterprises, encouraged foreign-funded enterprises and foreign-funded advanced technology enterprises Or export enterprises with foreign investment.