Zinc is a necessary microelement for human body, and also plays a very important role in the process of human growth and development. If children are short of zinc, they will easily be sallow, emaciated and stunted. What is good for children to eat if they are short of zinc? What is the harm of zinc for children?
1. How to supplement zinc for children
1. Children with zinc deficiency can eat more oysters, seafood, beef, animal liver, lean meat, egg yolk and other foods with high zinc content. The absorption rate of dietary zinc supplement varies with people's constitution.
2. If the lack of zinc is serious, take safe and high absorption zinc agent to supplement zinc quickly to avoid the lack of zinc delaying the healthy growth of children. If it's oral liquid zinc supplement, it's recommended to supplement twice a day, morning and evening, each time one hour after eating.
3. We must improve the eating habits of children who are picky and anorexic, and obtain nutrition from many aspects. Give children more meat and coarse food. Especially eat more meat, more patterns, sheep, cattle, pork and so on.
4. Children with rickets often eat foods containing zinc, such as animal viscera, peanuts, broccoli, seaweed, etc.
5. For babies with mild zinc deficiency, they usually eat foods with high zinc content. The food with high zinc content includes animal food: lean meat, egg, pig liver, animal blood and fish. Seafood: oyster, herring, shrimp skin, laver, fish meal. Plant food: fungus, walnut, peanut, chestnut, radish.
6. Do not make auxiliary food too fine, or it will lead to the loss of mineral zinc in the food.
7. Don't give your baby too much food containing sugar and cellulose, which will affect the absorption of zinc.
8. For babies with serious zinc deficiency, in addition to food supplement, they need to follow the doctor's instructions to supplement zinc. Commonly used zinc agents include grape zinc, zinc sulfate, Glycyrrhiza zinc, zinc acetate syrup and compound vitamin zinc syrup.
2. Hazards of zinc deficiency in children
1. Decreased digestive function. The main manifestation is anorexia. Zinc deficiency will affect the function of the tongue mucosa, thus reducing the taste sensitivity, making the baby easily anorexic, and some will also have a heterophagia, such as like to eat soil, cinders and so on.
2. Repeated oral ulcer. Zinc deficient babies often have ulcers in the mouth, or a piece of tongue mucosa peeling on the tongue coating, which is similar to the map shape, known as map tongue.
3. The growth slows down. Zinc is one of the essential trace elements in human metabolism. Once lacking, it will affect cell metabolism and hinder the function of growth hormone axis. As a result, the growth and development are affected and the baby is short.
4. Decreased immune function. Zinc deficiency can damage the immune function of cells and make babies prone to infectious diseases, such as upper respiratory tract infection or bronchopneumonia.
5. The development of intelligence is backward. Zinc deficiency can hinder the synthesis of DNA and protein in brain cells, thus affecting the intelligent development of baby.
6. The zinc level is low in the laboratory test. In zinc deficient infants, serum zinc is usually below 11.47umol/l.