A summary of simple and practical methods for distinguishing the true and false gold
4hw.com.cn: as a global currency, gold has an unshakable position. No matter making gold jewelry or investing, gold is a good choice. However, many friends may not know how to distinguish the true and false of gold. Now, I will give you some ways to identify gold!
1、 Visual inspection
1. Check the official logo of gold. Generally 999 or 990, or 10K, 18K, 22K, 24K. Do not consider less than 10k, because the content of gold is too low. If you look with a magnifying glass, you will look more carefully.
2. There is no obvious official purity mark for ancient gold ornaments.
3. Fake gold ornaments will also have official signs, so further inspection is needed.
4. Look for obvious discoloration. Check the wearing area of the gold surface, usually at the edge of the gold product, and check the discoloration there. If the gold color gradually disappears and becomes another color, then the product is only a gold plating.
2、 Bromine chemical test
1. Shake the gold product in an alcohol solution for a little while. This article is edited and organized by sihai.com, reprinted with reference to the source http://www.4hw.com.cn/life/
2. Saturate a piece of filter paper with alcohol solution.
3. At this time, the filter paper turns gray purple.
4. Drop 4 drops of bromine-a reagent onto the filter paper. If the filter paper turns white, the gold product is real gold.
All tests take 20 minutes.
3、 Magnet test
It's a simple test, but it's not a sufficient proof of whether it's true or not. You can find a strong magnet to do the test.
Gold is not a magnetic metal. If your product is attracted by magnets, it is enough to prove that this product is not gold. But you can't prove that your product is gold because it doesn't react to magnets, because there are many non-magnetic metals.
4、 Only a few metals are denser than gold. The density of pure 24K gold is about 19.3 g / ml, which is much higher than other metals. Density testing is enough to prove that your product is gold. The higher the density, the higher the purity of gold. Please make sure your product doesn't have gems attached.
1. If you don't have the equipment, the jewelry store can usually give you a density test. This article is edited and organized by sihai.com, reprinted with reference to the source http://www.4hw.com.cn/life/
2. You can put your gold product into a container full of water, then test the volume of the overflowing water, and divide it by the weight of the product you weigh, which is the density of your gold product. Please remember that different gold purity has different ratio of g / ml: 14k & ndash; 12.9 & ා 12316; 14.6g/ml 18K gold - 15.2 to 15.9g/ml 18K platinum - 14.7 & # 12316; 16.9g/ml 22K - 17.7% to 17.8g/ml.
5、 Bite test
We've all seen movies where miners bite gold to test it. We've also seen how easy it is for Olympic athletes to bite their gold medals when they win gold medals.
1. Take a bite.
2. Check your bite marks. The deeper the bite marks, the higher the purity of the gold.
In fact, this is not a recommended test, it will damage your teeth. What's more, gold is plated with lead, which is softer.
6、 Ceramic scratch test
1. Use unglazed ceramics. If you don't have this, you can buy it from a ceramic shop.
2. Scratch your gold product with ceramics. If it's a black scratch, it means your product is not gold. If it's a gold scratch, it means your product is gold.