Chicken powder and monosodium glutamate are the most commonly used seasonings when we cook. Is it true that monosodium glutamate can cause cancer? Which is better, monosodium glutamate or chicken essence? What's the difference between monosodium glutamate and chicken essence? Come and have a look!
Which is more harmful, chicken powder or monosodium glutamate
In fact, both are condiments, but in fact, there are hazards.
1. Most of them say that they are somewhat exclusive of monosodium glutamate. They say that monosodium glutamate is synthesized through chemical process, but in fact, this understanding is unscientific.
2. Monosodium glutamate is fermented by bacteria that are good at producing glutamic acid. The common raw material is corn starch. Therefore, monosodium glutamate is also a natural food, not a chemical synthetic product.
3. Monosodium glutamate will change into sodium pyroglutamate under high temperature. It is said that monosodium glutamate can cause cancer. In fact, up to now, there is no scientific evidence that sodium pyroglutamate can cause cancer, and the production of sodium pyroglutamate in the ordinary cooking environment is very little, so there is no need to worry about the problem of cancer.
4. Chicken essence is a kind of compound seasoning. It is a kind of compound seasoning with monosodium glutamate and edible salt as the main raw materials, adding chicken / chicken bone powder or its concentrated extract, disodium nucleotides and other auxiliary materials as the raw materials, adding or not adding spices and / or edible spices and other flavor enhancers after mixing, drying and processing. It has the flavor and fragrance of chicken.
The difference between chicken essence and monosodium glutamate
In fact, there are many differences between chicken essence and monosodium glutamate.
1. Monosodium glutamate is a kind of powder or crystal condiment processed by fermentation from wheat, soybean and other raw materials with more protein. Its composition is basically sodium glutamate, in addition to a small amount of salt, water, fat, sugar, iron, phosphorus and other substances.
2, chicken essence is mainly composed of sodium glutamate, flavor nucleotides two sodium, edible salt, chicken, chicken bone meal or concentrated extract as the basic raw material, add (or does not add) flavor, type agent, mixed, granulated, dried into a compound seasoning. In fact, chicken essence contains 40% monosodium glutamate.
3. Chicken essence is delicious but not nutritious. Most of the nutrients in the chicken are protein and fat. Eating too much can easily lead to obesity. Chicken semen is deficient in calcium, iron, carotene, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and various vitamins and crude fiber, which can easily lead to sub-health.
4. Monosodium glutamate has no direct nutritional value to human body, but it can increase the taste of food, cause people's appetite, and help to improve the digestibility of food. Monosodium glutamate, the main component of monosodium glutamate, also has the effect of treating chronic hepatitis, liver coma, neurasthenia, epilepsy, gastric acid deficiency and other diseases.
5. From the point of view of hygiene, chicken essence is non-toxic and harmless to human body. In the process of cooking, chicken essence has much looser conditions than flavor essence. Chicken essence can be used in any occasion of using monosodium glutamate. When it is added to dishes, soup and pasta, it has a better freshening effect, especially when it is added to the hot pot in the soup to boil chicken essence. Its fragrance and taste adapt to each other and make people appetite.
Precautions for eating chicken essence
1. Chicken essence contains salt and has strong hygroscopicity. After use, it should be sealed. Otherwise, the chicken essence rich in nutrition will grow a lot of microorganisms and pollute the food.
2. Chicken essence contains about 10% salt, so the food should be added with appropriate amount of salt before adding chicken essence.
3. Chicken essence contains nucleotides, and its metabolite is uric acid, so people suffering from gout should reduce their intake appropriately.
4. Some people with special physique are not suitable to eat chicken essence. When they eat chicken essence, they will have pain symptoms of dry throat at night, which will cause serious headache, sultry and uncomfortable conditions. We must pay attention to that this situation is not suitable to eat chicken essence.
5. Chicken essence is a kind of seasoning commonly used in daily life. If you ingest too much chicken essence, it will have a great impact on the human body, which will lead to vision decline, protein decline, eye loss of light, but also the effect of taurine monosodium glutamate on the retina development, so you should not eat too much chicken essence at ordinary times.