Sihaiwang: Xiaoshu is one of the 24 solar terms, and also a very special solar term in a year. During the solar term of Xiaoshu, there is such a eating custom that Xiaoshu eats lotus root. So why does Xiaoshu eat lotus root? What's the advantage of eating lotus root? Let's have a look.
Why does Xiaoshu eat lotus root
For a long time, there was a custom of eating lotus root in Xiaoshu. As early as the Xianfeng Period of the Qing Dynasty, lotus root was chosen as the imperial tribute. Because of the homonym with "even", the folk custom wishes the marriage to be happy with lotus root, but also because it leaves the mud and does not dye, and lotus flower as a symbol of clean and noble personality.
In South China, there is a habit of eating lotus root in summer. Boil the fresh lotus root with a small fire, slice it and add some honey as cold vegetable. You can also cut lotus root into thin slices, blanch it with boiling water, add vinegar and other salad. You can also stew lotus root and spareribs together. Lotus root contains a lot of carbohydrates and rich calcium, phosphorus, iron, etc. it has the effect of clearing away heat, nourishing blood and eliminating boredom. It is suitable for eating in summer.
There are many ways to eat lotus root. It can be used for cooking alone or as ingredients. Stewed spareribs with fresh lotus root, lotus root slices with cold sauce, shredded lotus root with shrimp, shredded lotus root with fish fragrance are all common ways of eating. They can also be made into lotus root meatballs, lotus root dumplings, lotus root porridge, lotus root powder cake and other patterns.
People usually discard the lotus knuckle when they eat it. In fact, lotus root festival itself is a good medicine, and rich in nutrition. It has a good effect on spitting blood, coughing blood, urinating blood, defecating blood, uterine bleeding and so on. Therefore, it is suggested that people should not discard the lotus root node.
What's the advantage of Xiaoshu eating lotus root
Catharsis and diarrhea, invigorating the spleen and appetizing the stomach
Lotus root contains mucin and dietary fiber, which can combine with bile acid salt, cholesterol and triglyceride in human body, so that it can be discharged from feces, thus reducing the absorption of lipids. Lotus root exudes a unique fragrance, but also contains tannin, which has a certain spleen and diarrhea effect, can increase appetite, promote digestion, appetizer and healthy, and is beneficial to the recovery of poor appetite and poor appetite.
Stopping bleeding and dispersing blood stasis
Lotus root contains a lot of tannic acid, which can constrict blood vessels and stop bleeding. Lotus root can cool blood and disperse blood. Traditional Chinese medicine thinks that it can stop bleeding without blood stasis. It is a good food therapy for fever.
Clearing away heat and cooling blood
Lotus root has the function of clearing away heat and cooling blood, which can be used to treat heat diseases; lotus root has sweet and multi liquid, which is particularly beneficial to people who are thirsty, bleeding, hemoptysis and bleeding.
Nourishing blood and promoting muscle
Lotus root has high nutritional value, rich in iron, calcium and other trace elements, plant protein, vitamin and starch content is also very rich, has obvious tonic Qi and blood, enhance human immunity. Therefore, traditional Chinese medicine calls it: tonifying the middle part, nourishing the spirit and strengthening the Qi.
What should I pay attention to when eating lotus root in Xiaoshu
1. Raw lotus root is not suitable for those with spleen deficiency and stomach cold, and those who are prone to diarrhea. Raw lotus root has a cool nature. It is difficult to digest raw lotus root with cold sauce, which is harmful to the spleen and stomach. Therefore, it is suitable to eat mature lotus root.
2. Do not use iron when cooking lotus root, so as not to make it black in the cooking process.
3. Cut lotus root should not be stored directly. The uncut lotus root can be kept at room temperature for a week, but because the lotus root is easy to turn black and the part of the cut face is easy to rot, so the cut lotus root should be covered with a fresh-keeping film at the incision, and refrigerated for about a week.
4. Pig liver and lotus root should not be eaten together. Lotus root contains cellulose. Aldose acid in the fiber can form a mixture with iron, copper, zinc and other trace elements in pig liver, which can reduce the absorption of these elements by human body.
5. Soybean and lotus root should not be eaten together. Soybeans are rich in iron and cannot be eaten together with lotus root which contains more cellulose, because cellulose will affect the absorption of iron by human body.