Jianshui Zong is very famous in Lingnan. People in Zhaoqing, Zhongshan, Maoming and Shunde all like it very much. The appearance of Jianshui zongzi is golden and transparent, with the texture of ice muscle and jade skin. The taste of Jianshui zongzi is refreshing and not greasy. When eating, it can be mixed with syrup, sugar and honey, which is unique. What is the cultural connotation of Jianshui zongzi and how to make it? Let's get to know with Xiaobian.
The cultural connotation of Jianshui zongzi
In the Wei and Jin Dynasties, there was a tradition of eating zongzi in the Dragon Boat Festival. It is said that Qu Yuan, a patriotic poet, died in Luojiang on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month. The Chu people mourned it and sacrificed zongzi to the water. Gradually, people formed the custom of eating zongzi in Dragon Boat Festival.
Zongzi, the food culture. In ancient times, zongzi was not only a "commemorative food", but also a symbol of auspiciousness. Zongzi and seeds are homophonic. People have the custom of sending zongzi as a wedding ceremony, which means that they will get their children early. Zongzi is used as a congratulatory gift for examinees. It is specially made into a pen shape, which means "must be in"; red dates are used as zongzi stuffing, which means "early in". Jianshui zongzi, as a representative of Guangdong zongzi, contains a strong cultural color.
Eating zongtuo at Dragon Boat Festival in memory of Qu Yuan's name is undoubtedly not only the inspiration and sustenance of patriotism, elite thought, personality worship and other fine spirits of the Chinese nation, but also an interesting way to enjoy life. On the one hand, Cantonese like Jianshui zongzi to express their yearning for Qu Yuan, on the other hand, they are full of patriotism.
The rich variety of zongzi and the continuous scientific selection of raw materials indicate the vigorous vitality of Dragon Boat Festival Culture and the humanization and realism orientation of people's material demands. Jianshui zongzi can remove dampness and invigorate spleen, clear fire and poison, and show the reputation of the city of Cantonese restaurants.
The traditional flavor of zongzi is mainly sweet, so zongzi wrapped with jujube fruit, bean paste and other sweet ingredients is a large variety. Jianshui dumplings are dipped with honey when they are eaten, and the traditional rice dumplings must be served with honey, so honey has the meaning of "zongmi";.
Practice of Jianshui zongzi
Jianshui Zong is very famous in Lingnan. People in Zhaoqing, Zhongshan, Maoming and Shunde all like it very much. The appearance of Jianshui zongzi is golden and transparent, with the texture of ice muscle and jade skin. The taste of Jianshui zongzi is refreshing and not greasy. When eating, it can be mixed with syrup, sugar and honey. It has a unique flavor. There is a popular saying that Jianshui zongzi can remove dampness and invigorate the spleen, clear fire and poison.
Preparation materials: Zongye, glutinous rice, Jianshui, red beans, dates.
1. For the preparation of Jianshui, the mugwort, Artemisia annua and banana leaves collected in the mountains and fields shall be dried in the shade or in the sun in advance. Before use, they shall be combined to burn ash. Hot ash powder shall be collected to wash in boiling water, and the ash shall be filtered out to retain alkali water.
2. Before the package, first wash and soak it with water, then boil it with water and wash the leaves.
3. Soak the glutinous rice in alkaline water for more than one hour, and then drain the water for use.
4. Take a piece of zongzi leaf, roll it into a funnel shape, put glutinous rice in it, insert it with chopsticks, cover the right zongzi leaf tightly to the left with your right hand, press it tightly with your left thumb, cover the back zongzi leaf with your right hand, press it tightly with your left thumb, hold the top of zongzi in an inverted triangle shape with your right thumb and index finger in an inverted 'eight' shape, and follow the trend to hold the leaf tip Take a palm leaf, bite one end with your teeth, grasp the other end with your right hand, circle back from the top of the zongzi, stretch your left palm when winding, wrap the palm leaf rope around about one half of the back of the zongzi, circle it to the top of the zongzi, and then press the palm leaf rope with your left hand to keep it still, bind it with your right hand, and trim it The long brown leaf rope is wrapped into triangle zongzi.
5. Cook in the wok. Fill in the pot with raw zongzi, put them in cold water and boil them slowly. After 1.5 hours, let them cook thoroughly and enjoy in the air.
Jianshui zongzi can be added with honey or syrup when eating. It has a special flavor on the taste.