The scavenger will not be small when he grows up, so it is suggested that the aquarium for breeding can be more than 50 cm. And it is a kind of omnivorous fish. In general, it can be raised in families with blood worms. If it is a good scavenger variety, it can be used as the working heterosexual feed.
The basic introduction of the sweeper - how to maintain the sweeper?
The basic introduction of the sweeper
1. It belongs to the catfish family. Besides the pipa fish, the sweeper is also called sucker fish, garbage fish, etc. Its body is semicylindrical, its side is wide, and its tail fin is shallow fork shaped. The whole body is gray black with black-and-white patterns, full of black half dots, and the body length can reach 250mm, which is common in fish. Moreover, its surface is rough with shield scales, and its head and abdomen are flat. The left and right ventral fins are connected to form a circular fan-shaped sucker. So if you look from the belly, the sweeper is like a little pipa, so it is called a Pipa fish.
2. It's omnivorous. Scavengers are often adsorbed on the walls of aquariums or aquatic grasses, sucking algae, benthos and garbage in the water. They are the best 'scavengers' in aquariums. Sometimes there are fights between the same species, which can be mixed with large tropical fish. But it must be noted that, do not let the sweeper really be a 'Sweeper', it is definitely not the guy who suffers from the immediate loss. When there are nutritious and delicious hamburgers, fish and insects put in front of them, they will never look at those baits, even at one glance. In particular, the adult scavenger eats a large amount of algae, such as moss. It will also eat the eggs of other fish. It can eat 3000 to 5000 eggs a day, and also eat fry.
3. Its living environment. It can be said that raising a sweeper is very simple. It can live with water. However, if you want to keep it well, you can choose weak acid soft water or neutral water. The suitable water temperature is above 20 ℃.
How to maintain the sweeper?
1. Requirements for water quality.
It's very simple to support the sweeper. To maintain it well, we should pay a little attention to the water quality. Should try to choose weak acid soft water or neutral water. Because it is a scaleless fish, it is afraid of salt and medicine. When breeding, we should pay attention to avoid these things in the water, which will cause the death of the sweeper. Moreover, the sweeper is a famous heavy polluter, so when the water is put into the fish tank, it should be strongly and effectively filtered, and it is better to use the oxygen pump for 24 hours to filter conditionally. Generally, change the water once every 6 to 8 days, and change a quarter of the water volume each time.
2. Requirements for water temperature.
The suitable water temperature for the scavenger to survive is above 20 ℃, and even the adult fish can't live through the winter naturally. Although it is said that the sweeper can live at 20 ℃, it will not live well, because it is a tropical fish, so it is recommended to raise the water temperature to about 26 ℃.
3. Requirements for the breeding environment.
The scavenger will not be small when he grows up, so it is suggested that the aquarium for breeding can be more than 50 cm. And it is a kind of omnivorous fish. In general, it can be raised in families with blood worms. If it is a good scavenger variety, it can be used as the working heterosexual feed. It also feeds on other fish, such as water earthworms, algae and moss on fish tanks, and aquatic plants, so it won't be too picky. In addition, it likes this kind of ornament, which can be bought in a fish tank, making it more suitable for the environment.