A 14-year-old child hasn't grown up in three years, but his father said that it doesn't matter if he has money at home. Can money solve everything? Recently, a father took a 14-year-old boy who hasn't grown up in three years to the hospital for treatment. Although the child was worried, his father said, 'there are four suites in the family, but short is not a big problem, it doesn't matter'.
Xiao Zhang, a 14-year-old from Xiaoshan, is 162cm tall and handsome.
What makes Xiao Zhang sad is that he hasn't grown up for three years. The tall children who used to sit in the last three rows of the class gradually became the short children who sat in the first three rows. Seeing that the students are so much taller than themselves, Xiao Zhang is a little worried.
But Xiao Zhang's father is against taking him to see a doctor because of his height. After a family meeting a few days ago, they finally reached a consensus that it's safer for him to take his children to the free clinic.
According to the height standard table of 3-15-year-old children in Chinese Journal of Pediatrics, the standard height of 14-year-old boys should be 165.9cm, and Xiao Zhang is 3.9cm less than the standard height. (this article is exclusively compiled by WYH, editor of sihai.com. If you need to reprint it, please indicate the source and source. Related article link: http://www.4hw.com.cn/life/jiankang.html)
In conclusion, children in the following 9 situations may face the problem of short height:
1. Family short stature (that is, parents are short).
2. The infant was born with intrauterine growth retardation (full-term infants), and the height of premature infants was smaller than that of normal newborns. 10% - 15% of the children could not catch up with the normal height curve after 2 years old.
3. Before puberty, the height is less than 5cm every year.
4. Children of the same age are shorter in height. (this article is exclusively compiled by WYH, editor of sihai.com. If you need to reprint it, please indicate the source and source. Related article link: http://www.4hw.com.cn/life/jiankang.html)
5. Sexual development is too early or too late.
6. Obese children.
7. History of breech delivery, dystocia, birth asphyxia, brain injury, etc. was complicated with slow growth.
8. Children who have ever taken or long-term taken booster drugs, immunopotentiators, glucocorticoids, kidney tonifying and Qi tonifying Chinese medicine have combined with rapid sexual development, early growth spurt and other phenomena.
9. Children with hypothyroidism. Some children with congenital hypothyroidism come on before 2 years old, if not treated, it will cause mental retardation. However, after 2 years old, the disease usually shows growth disorder, constipation, anemia, less activity, low appetite and other symptoms.