Four seas network: Recently, there is a rumor on the Internet that eating blueberries will lead to poisoning. So will eating blueberries be toxic? In general, eating blueberries is not toxic. There are no toxic ingredients in blueberries, so there will be no symptoms of poisoning after consumption. So how about eating blueberry poisoning? Let's take a look at it in detail!
Can eating blueberries cause poisoning
Blueberry is rich in carbohydrates, pectin, anthocyanin, vitamins, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and other mineral elements. It has many functions such as beauty and beauty, moistening intestines, reducing blood fat and pressure, delaying aging and so on. It is a fruit with rich nutritional value. Generally, eating blueberry will not cause poisoning.
What's the matter with blueberry poisoning
Although blueberries are not poisonous in general, the following special conditions may occur to cause food poisoning:
1. Eating wild fruit by mistake
Now there are many wild blueberries with higher nutritional value, which are popular with many people. However, some people can't tell what the wild blueberries look like. Sometimes they eat other inedible wild fruits by mistake, which leads to food poisoning.
2. Eat lots of unripe blueberries
There are a lot of sour and astringent substances in unripe blueberries, which are similar to the taste of green grass. They are bitterly astringent and taste very bad. Eating a lot of unripe blueberries is prone to abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
3. Excessive pesticide residues in Blueberry
Blueberry is easy to be damaged by pests in the growth process, so it is difficult to ensure the integrity of the fruit. Therefore, the grower will spray some pesticides to prevent pests, but this may cause residues of Pesticide Components on the surface of blueberry. If it is not cleaned and eaten directly, there may be toxic reaction.
4. Blueberry is dyed by bad merchants
A small blue blueberry looks like a sapphire, but some blueberries don't look very good. Therefore, some businesses will use some dyes to dye the blueberries bright, but there will be harmful substances in these dyes. When people eat the dyed blueberries, they are likely to suffer from food poisoning.
Symptoms of blueberry poisoning
The symptoms of blueberry poisoning are mainly related to the causes of food poisoning. If the poisoning is caused by eating wild fruits and immature blueberries by mistake, the symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting will generally appear.
If it is caused by pesticide residues, eating dyed blueberries and other chemical components, in addition to abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting and other symptoms, it may also cause certain damage to the brain nerves, causing head discomfort. In addition, there may be some damage to internal organs.
How to deal with blueberry poisoning 1. Drink more water
If the situation of food poisoning is not very serious, only slight vomiting or diarrhea, it is recommended that the patient drink more water to help dilute the harmful ingredients in the body and relieve the discomfort of the body.
2. Have a rest
The human body has certain detoxification ability, which can decompose the less toxic substances. Therefore, if the patient's condition is not serious, it is recommended to drink more water and have a good rest.
3. See a doctor
If the poisoning is very serious, it is recommended to go to the hospital for examination as soon as possible, so as to avoid delay and harm to health.
How to avoid blueberry poisoning
It's safe to buy blueberries from brand chain fruit stores, large supermarkets and other regular channels. Generally, it's not recommended to buy blueberries at roadside street stalls to avoid bad ones.
2. Don't eat wild fruits you don't know
Do not eat wild fruit that you don't know or that you don't know clearly, so as not to cause physical discomfort.
3. Eat fresh and ripe blueberries
The fresh and ripe blueberries taste sweet and sour. You can eat about 10-20 blueberries a day.