Yam is a kind of food with rich nutritional value, but in the process of cutting yam again, if you touch it carelessly, it will easily cause skin allergy and itching. Then how can yam not itch? How can you do after cutting yam?
Yam mucus contains alkaloids, which can itch when it comes into contact with the skin. Diosgenin in the skin of yam causes itchy hands.
Solution to skin itch after contact with yam
Method 1: if your hands are itchy, you can wash them carefully, and then your hands are covered with vinegar, even the nail cracks. After a while, the itch will gradually disappear! (reason: acid alkali neutralization)
Method 2: you can also bake it on the fire, turn your hands repeatedly, and let them heat up. In this way, it can decompose the Diosgenin which penetrates into the hands. (this article is exclusively compiled by WYH, editor of sihai.com. If you need to reprint it, please indicate the source and source. Related article link: http://www.4hw.com.cn/life/jujia.html)
Tips for avoiding allergy caused by contact with yam
Method 1: when scraping the yam skin, it is easy to stick the essence to the hand, making people feel itchy and uncomfortable. If you boil or steam the cleaned yam for 4-5 minutes, cool it and then peel it, it won't be so sticky, but you should also pay attention not to overdo the cooking to avoid the yam from rotting.
Method 2: clean yam and wear gloves when peeling
Method 3: prepare a pot of boiling water, wash the skin, remove the dirt and impurities, and then directly put it into the boiling water for boiling. After starting the pot, you can easily remove the skin with a knife from top to bottom. Related article link: http://www.4hw.com.cn/life/jujia.html)
The taboo of taking yam should be kept in mind
1. It should be noted that yam starch content is high, people with fullness of chest and abdomen, dry stool and constipation are better to eat less. 2. Yam is a tonic medicine. It is sweet and hot. People who have a hot constitution and are easy to catch fire should also take it with caution. Some people like to wash hot pot with yam. If it's added with spicy ingredients, it's even hotter and better to eat less.
3. Diabetics should not take too much yam at one time. When taking too much yam, the amount of main food should be reduced properly. If diabetes patients want to eat yam as food, it will have a certain impact on blood sugar.
4. Yam is a kind of rhizome food, with high starch content, which can increase blood sugar. In addition, patients with peptic ulcer and cirrhosis should choose steaming, stewing and other cooking methods, avoid stir fry and vinegar.
5. When taking yams, people with poor gastrointestinal tract should not take alkaline drugs such as sodium bicarbonate tablets at the same time, so as to avoid the failure of amylase in yams caused by sodium bicarbonate.
6. Diosgenin in yam can synthesize hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen, so it is not suitable for men with prostate cancer and women with breast cancer.