After a baby is born, you need to apply for a birth certificate, but many new mothers are not married, so how to get a baby's birth certificate? To solve this problem, let's talk to Xiaobian.
Do you have a birth certificate without a marriage certificate
The birth certificate is handled in the production hospital after the birth of the child. As long as the parent's ID card can be handled, it is generally handled before the child leaves the hospital. If it is not handled within a certain period of time, parent-child identification is required.
Related knowledge: what is birth certificate
Birth certificate, also known as birth medical certificate, is a certificate issued in accordance with the law of the people's Republic of China on maternal and infant health care. This certificate records in detail the baby's birth and blood relationship with parents, which is very important for the baby. At the same time, it is also an important proof of baby's household registration and nationality, with legal effect. As one of the citizens, babies must have such a certificate to prove their identity.
What's the use of a birth certificate
Birth certificate is the first proof on the way of a baby's life. It has the following functions:
1. It can confirm that the baby is born in China and the corresponding birth conditions;
2. Confirm the direct consanguinity of the baby;
3. It is an important medical basis for babies to declare their nationality;
4. It is also an important basis for the household registration authority to register the newborn's household registration;
5. New born babies can get some health care services through it;
6. The birth medical certificate can be used as an effective certificate to handle children's related matters.
Precautions for handling birth certificate
When the parents of the newborn fill in the relevant contents of the birth certificate, they must pay attention to the following matters:
1. When filling in the self filling form, parents must consider to fill in again. Once filled out and printed out, they can't change again.
2. When you get your baby's birth certificate, check carefully to see if there is anything wrong with the part you fill in. Once found, promptly explain the situation to the hospital where the baby was born and apply for a new one. This card is not allowed to be altered. If there is any alteration, it is not in conformity with the standard and is invalid.
3. Parents should attach importance to the certificate, which is an effective proof of the baby, a proof with legal effect, and should be well preserved.
4. Here I would like to remind you that before you apply for a birth certificate for your baby, you must give your child a good name, otherwise you may not be able to get the birth certificate smoothly.
Therefore, it has nothing to do with whether the child's birth certificate is handled or not. As long as the child is born smoothly, the parents can handle the birth certificate. However, we need to remind you that it's better to do the birth certificate as early as possible. If it's over time, it will be signed in person, otherwise it can't be done. If you have any other questions, please consult a professional lawyer.