4hw.com.cn: many girls will receive roses from their lovers during major festivals such as birthday and Valentine's day. Although the roses are beautiful, they can't be kept for a long time. How can we extend the life of the roses? Let's take a look at some tips for keeping roses.
How to save roses
1. Use vitamin C or sugar
Break a small piece of vitamin C and crush it into water or add a little sugar to the water. Then cut a small section of the bottom of the received rose flower diameter and put it into a water bottle with added vitamin C or sugar. Spray the rose petals and leaves with a watering pot every day, so as to better maintain the freshness of the rose.
2. Add some salt and sugar to the water
Adding a small amount of sugar to the clear water can make the buds of the roses in the vase open more brightly and prolong the fresh-keeping period of the roses. The main function of adding salt to clear water to make it become salt water is to prevent the growth of bacteria in the water, to a certain extent, it can maintain the better water absorption capacity of flowers, so as to maintain the freshness of roses. However, we need to remind you that the concentration of salt water should not be too large, generally not more than 5%, otherwise the effect will be counterproductive.
3. Keep fresh with beer
Add a little beer to the vase where the rose is placed. Because the beer itself contains ethanol, it can disinfect and antiseptic the cut of the rose's flower branches. Because it contains sugar and other nutrients, it can provide the rose's branches and leaves with proper nutrients, so that the rose can be preserved for a long time.
4. Use fresh flower preservative
If there are fresh flower preservatives on the market, you can add a proper amount of fresh flower preservative into the solution of inserting roses. Using medicament can prolong the time of keeping rose fresh. If you don't want to spend money on fresh flower preservatives, here's how to make your own. Take a little detergent and dissolve it in warm water to prepare a solution with a concentration of 2% to 4%. Immerse the cut rose branches into a water depth of about 5cm. In this way, the flowering period of roses can be prolonged by 2 to 3 times.
5. Clever use of tea
The rose inserted in the vase is easy to wither. Generally speaking, the flower period of the rose inserted in clear water is only three or four days. If tea is used instead of clear water, it can not only delay the withering time of roses, but also make the flowers fresh and fragrant. It's better to have the tea at a higher concentration.
1. Hot water method. Immerse the flower base in boiling water for about 1 second, or immerse it in hot water for 2 minutes, take it out and then immerse it in cold water, which can block the incision and prevent the juice of flower tissue from overflowing. It is mainly used for herbaceous flowers.
2. Medicament method. Adding a proper amount of fresh-keeping agent to the container of flower arrangement can prolong the period of flower arrangement. In addition, adding proper amount of boric acid, sulfur, salt, vitamin, salicylic acid, carbolic acid and so on can prolong the flowering period. In addition, using 1 / 3000 aspirin solution or 1 / 2000 potassium permanganate solution to insert calamus can prolong the flowering period for three to five days.
3. Injection method. Commonly used in aquatic flowers. The flower base of aquatic flowers is very fragile. Once the flowers leave the natural growth place, they are easy to wither. At this time, water can be injected into the flower stem with a syringe to maintain the life of the flowers.
4. Method of enlarging incision surface. Cut or cut the base of the flower branch into two to four parts, embed the small stones to open the crack, or hammer the base to expand the suction surface. Mainly used for woody flowers, such as magnolia, hydrangea, lilac, wisteria, Rhododendron, etc.
5. Fire method. Put the end of the flower branch on the candle flame for barbecue, soak it in alcohol for one minute, and then rinse it in clear water. It is often used for flowers with milk overflowing from the flower stem, such as poinsettia, peony, chrysanthemum, etc.