Japan is a beautiful country, and Japan's tourism is also a hot area in the tourism market in recent years. So what should we pay attention to when we go to Japan? Come and have a look with Xiaobian!
Notes on Japanese Tourism
Climate: Japan has a temperate marine climate with four distinct seasons and mild climate. January to march is winter with an average temperature of about 0 ℃; April to June is spring with an average temperature of 10-20 ℃; July to September is summer with an average temperature of 25-32 ℃; October to December is autumn with an average temperature of about 10 ℃. Please bring your own umbrella.
Time difference: China is an hour later than Japan. For example, at 10 o'clock Beijing time, Tokyo is already 11 o'clock. When visiting Japan, please refer to the local time.
Language: Japanese is an administrative language, and the level of Japanese English is generally poor. However, Japanese also use Chinese characters, so when you can't communicate, you can write Chinese characters on paper to express your meaning.
Voltage: the voltage in Japan is 100V, and the socket is a flat pin socket with two ends. Cylindrical plug and three pin socket plug are not available in Japan. Some hotels have conversion plugs, but the number is limited. If you borrow it from the hotel, please return it in person when you check out.
Currency types and exchange tips:
1. The currency unit of Japan is' Yuan '. There are six kinds of Japanese yen coins: 1 yuan, 5 yuan, 10 yuan, 50 yuan, 100 yuan and 500 yuan. There are four kinds of Japanese yen notes: 1000 yuan, 2000 yuan, 5000 yuan and 10000 yuan.
2. The exchange rate of RMB and yen is about 1:15, that is, 1 RMB is about 15 yen, and 10000 yen is about 650 yuan. The exchange rate shall be subject to the exchange rate announced by the bank on the same day.
3. Before leaving the country, you can take the original and copy of your ID card and go to the designated bank of China from Monday to Friday for exchange. Each Chinese resident can exchange up to $50000 worth of foreign currency each year. You can exchange 10000 US dollars worth of foreign currency notes every day (if you want to exchange the equivalent yen notes, you are recommended to make an appointment 1-3 working days in advance). For specific exchange information and business outlets, please call the Bank of China hotline 95566 for confirmation.
4. Japan's international airports, big banks, hotels, etc. all have foreign currency exchange business, but the exchange business hours of the bank window are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Foreign exchange such as US dollar, British pound, franc and Hong Kong dollar can be exchanged in Japan. At present, RMB can only be exchanged in designated banks of Narita Airport in Tokyo, Kansai International Airport in Osaka and large designated banks in big cities.
5. When you change Japanese yen at a local hotel in Japan, you can change up to $500 per person per day. Please keep the exchange list after exchange.
6. When you exchange foreign exchange in Japan, you have to pay a certain handling fee, which is higher than that in China, especially at the airport. Therefore, it is suggested that you should exchange your currency before you leave.
Notes for hotels in Japan
1. Please take good care of your personal belongings. Valuables can be stored in the safe at the front desk or in the room.
2. Tap water in all hotels in Japan can be directly drunk.
3. Refrigerators are placed in most hotel rooms in Japan, but the price of drinks provided is more than 30% higher than that of general stores. Some hotel refrigerator drinks are automatically charged by computer. Once the drinks are taken out, the fees will be automatically calculated. Sometimes, the food in the mobile refrigerator will also be charged, so if there is no need, please do not take the drinks out of the fixed position of the refrigerator.
4. In general, hotel TV has charge channels to show charge films and adult programs. If you press the "material (or P in English)" button on the remote control, the hotel will automatically charge.
5. If you use the phone in the room to make an external call (domestic or foreign), you need to charge extra.
6. There are often signs of "emergency exit" in Japanese hotels or general buildings, which means emergency exit.
7. The population density of Japanese cities is large, and the land is precious. Hotel rooms are generally small in area.
8. Compared with hotels in Tokyo and other places, the hot spring hotel has simpler facilities and smaller bathrooms. In general, the hot spring hotel is free and you can enjoy the hot spring bath in the hotel at any time.
What to pay attention to when shopping in Japan
1. In Japan, credit cards are widely used. No matter shopping, dining or accommodation, they can be used as long as the store is marked with the mark of credit card company. Credit cards are available for most commercial facilities in Japan.
2. Visa, master, AMEX (American Express card), JCB and other credit cards can be used in Japan. China UnionPay card can also be used in some shopping malls.
3. Most stores in Japan are open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and department stores close at about 7 p.m. (only a few of them are open until 9 p.m.).
4. There is a consumption tax for Japanese shopping, that is to say, a consumption tax of 5% of the price of any goods should be added. But in some large comprehensive shopping malls, for example, when buying goods with more than 10000 yen, foreigners can go through the tax refund formalities at the designated counter on the spot with their passports. Japanese airports do not handle tax refund. For detailed tax refund methods, please consult your local guide.
5. When purchasing electrical appliances, please pay attention to the voltage, system, manual and other issues, whether they can be used in China, for example, Japanese mobile phones cannot be used in China.
6. If you want to buy souvenirs or gifts for relatives and friends in Japan, you can choose some crafts, trinkets, snacks, candy, cosmetics and so on with Japanese characteristics.