Nowadays, climate warming has become a common global problem. The weather in the south of China is unusually warm this year, and global warming is one of the major threats faced by many island countries and coastal cities. There are many beautiful and lonely islands in the world. It is naturally lucky for us to have such a beautiful and unique paradise, but if we do not protect it, We will eventually lose this blessed land. Pacific island countries account for only 0.03% of global carbon emissions, but millions of people living there first began to suffer the cruel consequences of climate change. The sea level continues to rise. By 2050, many island countries will sink directly into the sea, of which the most critical is the South Pacific island countries, where the sea level rise rate is particularly intense. In the past 20 years, the sea level of Solomon Islands has risen by 15 cm, three times the global average. 11 islands have been completely submerged and the whole way of life has been erased from the earth's surface.
On the West Bank of the Pacific Ocean, from north to South are North Asia (Russia, Siberia, Far East), East Asia, Southeast Asia and Australian mainland. Solomon Islands is located about 1600 kilometers northeast of the Australian mainland. The area of Oceania is second only to Papua New Guinea, the second largest country in Australia (with an area of 462800 kilometers), and it is about 500 kilometers due west of Solomon Islands. Solomon Islands covers an area of only 28400 square kilometers. Solomon Islands is located about 1000 miles northeast of Australia. It consists of hundreds of islands with a population of about 640000. Data show that Pacific island countries account for only 0.03% of global carbon emissions, but millions of people living there first began to suffer the cruel consequences of climate change. Sea level continues to rise. It is predicted that by 2050, many island countries will sink directly into the sea, of which the most critical is the South Pacific island countries, where the sea level rise rate is particularly intense.
The north pole is like the earth's freezer, cooling the earth. The continuous rise of sea level has led to the inundation of some islands. In order to save the Arctic, scientists suggest that man-made icebergs may be used to freeze the Arctic for thousands of miles again!
In the past 30 years, climate warming has attracted great attention. Scientists have found that the current climate change rate is very fast. 2015-2018 is the warmest four years on record, which may be refreshed this year. Global temperatures break records every year. What causes climate warming?
Impacts of climate change:
1. Glacier melting
2. Extreme climate
3. Grain production reduction
4. Sea level rise
5. Species extinction
Impact of global climate change on human beings
1. Water resources: hydrological system changes, affecting water quantity and quality; Nearly one third of the world's more than 200 major rivers have reduced their runoff.
2. Ecosystem: the number, habits and migration patterns of some species have changed;
3. Human health: due to climate warming, the original climate system in most areas has changed, the snowfall in northern areas has decreased in winter, the number of people with respiratory tract infections has increased, and the mortality related to heat has increased in some areas;
4. Agriculture: there are advantages and disadvantages, and the disadvantages outweigh the advantages; Due to climate warming, the natural growth conditions of many crops have changed, resulting in low yield.