Ginseng is a very nutritious health tonic. Many people use ginseng for health care. In fact, there are 15 kinds of ginseng according to commodity classification. The following are the specific names and characteristics:
1. Raw sun ginseng: the taproot is about 3-10cm long and 0.3-2cm in diameter. The surface is earthy yellow, with black brown horizontal lines and longitudinal wrinkles. The fine branched roots and fibrous roots have been removed, leaving only traces. It is brittle, light, flat section, white, with radial cracks. It smells sweet and tastes bitter. Those with complete rhizomes and fibrous roots are called 'whole fibrous sun ginseng'.
2. White ginseng: the character is the same as sugar ginseng, the shape is good, similar to wild ginseng, but most of them are orthorhombic, the rhizome is longer than red ginseng, the fibrous roots are scattered, short and brittle.
3. White stem ginseng: the epidermis of the main root has been removed, the body surface is light yellow or almost white, the transverse lines at the upper end are not obvious, but shallow longitudinal wrinkles and branch root marks can be seen. Other characters were similar to those of raw sun ginseng.
4. Red ginseng: taproot is about 5-20 cm long and 0.7-2 cm in diameter. The surface is brownish red, translucent, with large longitudinal wrinkles, no obvious ring lines and branch root marks. The rhizome is earthy yellow with 4-6 bowl shaped stem marks. It is hard and brittle, with flat section, horny, brownish red, with light color center. It smells fragrant and tastes slightly bitter.
5. Pinching bark ginseng: the taproot is about 6-15CM long and 1.2-2.5cm in diameter. The surface is light yellow, and the ring pattern at the upper end is not obvious, but many pits caused by processing can be seen. The branch root is light brown, and the branch root and fibrous root are tied into cow tail shape with thread. Section white. The smell is sweet and slightly bitter.
6. Side bar ginseng: the character is the same as that of red ginseng, but it is generally characterized by long rhizome, round body length and diameter and long branch root.
7. Organic ginseng: no pesticide residues, no chemical fertilizer, no transgenic. The ingredients and effects of ginseng are retained to the greatest extent.
6. Wild ginseng: also known as wild ginseng. The main root is short, as long as or short as the rhizome, with two main branches, similar to the human body. There is a thin and deep horizontal ring at the upper end. The rhizome is slender, generally 3-9 cm long, twisted in the upper part, commonly known as' wild goose neck Reed ', with dense reed bowls, and smooth without reed bowls in the lower part, commonly known as' round Reed'. Fibrous roots are sparse, about 1-2 times as long as the taproot, flexible and not easy to break, with obvious verrucous protrusions (Pearl spots).
All are light yellow and white, with thin and glossy skin. The smell is strong, and the taste is sweet and slightly bitter. The upper part of the rhizome is densely covered with reed bowls, and the lower part of the rhizome has a long garden reed. There are fine and deep dense spiral lines at the upper end of taproot. The middle and lower parts are generally free of wrinkles. Fibrous roots are sparse and long and not easy to break. There are obvious verrucous processes on it.
9. Ginseng whisker: red ginseng whisker is more common. Its performance is similar to that of red ginseng, but its effect is small and mild.
10. Garden ginseng: one or both sides of rhizome produce reed bowl, without garden reed. There are coarse transverse lines at the upper end of taproot, not spiral, sometimes transverse lines can be seen all over. The fibrous roots are broom shaped, short and brittle, and there are no obvious warty protrusions on them.
11. Vigorously ginseng: the taproot is 5-15cm long, the surface is light yellow, translucent, with obvious longitudinal wrinkles, and brown horizontal lines at the upper end. Fine branched roots and fibrous roots have been removed. Hard and brittle. The section is flat, transparent and horny. It smells sweet and tastes bitter.
12. Moving ginseng: it is similar to wild ginseng in shape, but the lower part of the taproot is often hypertrophy, with thick and shallow lines, which often extends to the middle of the taproot, and there are few pearl spots on the fibrous root.
13. Korean ginseng: Ginseng produced in Korea, commonly known as Korean ginseng, also known as biezhi ginseng and Korea ginseng. There are Korean red ginseng and Korean white ginseng, and the red one is preferred.
14. Korean red ginseng: the processing method is the same as that of domestic red ginseng. The body is strong. The upper double horseshoe reed is shoulder level. The name of single reed is' single bowl Reed '. The middle is deep, the edge is very neat and hard. Taproot is about 6-10 cm long and 1-2 cm in diameter. The surface is reddish brown, with smooth lines, the upper part or yellow clothes, and all longitudinal edges. Branches and roots are mostly curved and crossed. Strong body weight. The cross-section cutin is shiny and has chrysanthemum pattern. Strong aroma, sweet and bitter taste.
15. Korean white ginseng: reed head is similar to garden ginseng and its body is cylindrical. The surface is yellowish white with light brown fine lines. Fibrous roots are mostly removed, with loose vacuoles. The section has a center. Slightly fragrant, sweet and slightly sour.