It's terrible that 17-year-old British children should die of constipation. According to daily mail, a 17-year-old from South Wales recently went to the hospital to see a doctor and was diagnosed with constipation after examination. Unexpectedly, he died in less than 24 hours.
The boy's name was Jack Middleton Dunne. The day before the incident, he had a stomach upset, so he went to see a doctor. After a simple examination, the doctor prescribed some laxatives and asked him to go back and have a good sleep. Unfortunately, the next day his father found out that Jack had died in his sleep. It turns out that Jack died of a disease called ketoacidosis, which causes an increase in the acidity of the blood.
In fact, on the day jack went to see a doctor, the doctor had found that he had some difficulty in breathing and could hardly walk. But the doctor still thinks that Jack was a little nervous because he thought he was going to be hospitalized. 'there is no worse moment in my life than to find my son dead at home. If the doctor can do more physical examination for him, it may save his life. "Said his father.
What is the harm of long-term constipation?
1. Cause anorectal diseases. Constipation, defecation difficulties, stool dry, can directly cause or strengthen anorectal disease. Such as proctitis, anal fissure, hemorrhoids, etc.
2. Gastrointestinal nerve dysfunction. Constipation, fecal retention, absorption of harmful substances can cause gastrointestinal nerve dysfunction caused by loss of appetite, abdominal fullness, belching, bitter taste, anal exhaust * and so on.
3. Form fecal ulcer. The hard fecal mass compresses the intestinal cavity, narrows the intestinal cavity and the structure around the pelvic cavity, hinders the expansion of the colon, causes the rectum or colon to be compressed and forms the fecal ulcer, and even causes the intestinal perforation.
4. Colon cancer. It may be caused by constipation, which can't be eliminated for a long time. According to the data, about 10% of patients with severe constipation suffer from colon cancer.
5. Induce the attack of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. Clinically, the incidence of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases caused by constipation and forceful increase of abdominal pressure, breath holding and forceful defecation is increasing year by year. Such as inducing angina, myocardial infarction, cerebral hemorrhage, stroke and sudden death.
6. Causing sexual disorder. This is due to defecation for a long time, fatigue of rectum, too tight anal contraction and spasmodic contraction of pelvic floor, resulting in no ejaculation or sexual desire decline, no orgasm in sexual life, etc.
7, easy to cause dysmenorrhea, vaginal spasm *, and produce urinary retention, urinary tract infection and other symptoms.
8. Affect brain function. In the age of constipation, the products of metabolism stay in the digestive tract for a long time, and the function of bacteria produces a lot of harmful substances, such as methane, phenol, ammonia, etc. some of these substances diffuse into the central nervous system and interfere with brain function, with the prominent manifestations of memory decline, distraction, slow thinking, etc.