If the roses received are not properly preserved, they may fail in three or four days. How can we make the flowering period longer?
1. Use vitamin C or sugar
Break a small piece of vitamin C and grind it into water or add a little sugar in the water. Then cut a small section from the bottom of the received rose path and put it into a water bottle with vitamin C or sugar. Spray the rose petals and leaves with a watering spray pot every day, so as to better maintain the freshness of the roses.
2. Add an appropriate amount of salt and sugar to the water
Adding a small amount of sugar to the clear water can make the flower bud of the rose inserted into the vase open more brightly, and prolong the fresh-keeping period of the rose. The main function of adding salt to the clear water is to prevent the breeding of bacteria in the water, to a certain extent, it can maintain the better water absorption capacity of flowers, so as to maintain the freshness of roses. However, it should be reminded that the concentration of brine should not be too high, generally not more than 5%, otherwise the effect will be counterproductive.
3. Keep it fresh with beer
Add a little beer to the vase with roses. Because the beer itself contains ethanol, the cut of rose branches can be disinfected and antiseptic. Because it contains sugar and other nutrients, it can provide due nutrients for Rose branches and leaves, so that roses can be preserved for a long time.
4. Use fresh flower preservative
If there are flower preservatives on the market, you can add an appropriate amount of flower preservative to the solution for inserting roses. The use of chemicals can prolong the preservation time of roses. If you don't want to spend money on fresh flower preservatives, here's how to make your own. Dissolve a little detergent in warm water, prepare a solution with a concentration of 2% to 4%, and immerse the cut rose branches in a water depth of about 5cm. This can prolong the flowering period of roses by more than 2 to 3 times.
5. Clever use of tea
Roses inserted into vases are easy to wither. Generally speaking, the flowering period of water flower arrangement roses will wither slowly in only three or four days. If you use tea instead of water, you can not only delay the withering time of roses, but also the flowers are bright and fragrant. It's better to concentrate the tea.
1. Hot water method. Immerse the flower base in boiling water for about 1 second, or immerse it in hot water for 2 minutes, and then immerse it in cold water after taking it out, which can block the incision and prevent the overflow of flower tissue juice. Mostly used for herbaceous flowers.
2. Pharmaceutical method. Adding an appropriate amount of fresh flower preservative to the container of flower arrangement can prolong the flowering period of flower arrangement. In addition, adding an appropriate amount of boric acid, sulfur, salt, vitamins, salicylic acid and carbonic acid can prolong the flowering period of flower arrangement. In addition, inserting Acorus calamus with 1 / 3000 aspirin solution or 1 / 2000 potassium permanganate solution can prolong the flowering period for three to five days.
3. Injection method. Commonly used in aquatic flowers. The flower base of aquatic flowers is very fragile. Once they leave the natural growth place, the flowers are easy to wither. At this time, the needle can be used to inject water from the flower stem to maintain the life of the flowers.
4. Incision surface expansion method. Cut the flower branch base obliquely or cut into two to four parts, insert small stones to open the crack: or crack the base with a hammer to expand the suction surface. It is mainly used for woody flowers, such as magnolia, hydrangea, clove, wisteria, azalea, etc.
5. Fire method. Put the end of the flower branch on the candle flame for barbecue, soak it in alcohol for one minute, and then rinse it in clean water. It is often used for flowers with milk overflow in the flower stem, such as poinsettia, peony, chrysanthemum, etc.