Usually on the road, there will always be some drivers who use the horn indiscriminately. These drivers are not happy without the horn and are always ready to honk when driving. The car in front changes lanes, slows down and brakes& hellip; These bad driving habits may sometimes cause accidents. So how to use the car horn correctly?
When do I need to use the horn?
1. In some narrow roads with only two lanes in both directions, such as country roads or mountain roads, we usually need to borrow the opposite lane to overtake when we overtake. In this case, it is recommended to sound the horn to remind the car ahead before overtaking to avoid accidents.
2. When driving on mountain roads, you will encounter many sharp turns and s-turns. You need to honk your horn before entering these corners to prevent oncoming vehicles. Especially in some curves with cliffs on the outside, most people will choose to press the line to go to the middle of the road when they pass these curves. At this time, if there are oncoming cars in the opposite direction, it is easy to cause accidents.
3. Honking in advance before driving into the curve can remind the opposite lane not to drive illegally. If you receive the horn warning signal from the opposite lane before driving into the curve, it is suggested that you also honk your horn to respond to the other party, so that both sides can know that there are oncoming vehicles, so that they can drive in their own lane with their hearts in mind and rules, so as to ensure driving safety.
4. Most occasions, the flute should be as short as possible, avoid using long sound, can play the role of reminder.
5. Sound the horn in advance as far as possible to remind the pedestrians and vehicles in front of you. Don't sound the horn when you are very close to the pedestrians and vehicles in front of you. Remind pedestrians to avoid using sirens to avoid panic.
6. When the other party doesn't pay attention to you, the emergency caused by braking and honking is better than only braking (no honking area with electric horn). Under the pressure of pedestrians and vehicles in front, appropriate flute is better than piccolo.
7. When driving on the broad suburban road, do not use the whistle sparingly. Use the short whistle as much as possible to remind the pedestrians and vehicles in the distance ahead.
8. In the process of preparing to overtake and overtaking, try to use the piccolo to remind and confirm the driver of the vehicle in front.
9. Before crossing fork, fork, market town and busy road section, slow down and whistle in advance (except forbidden area).
When not to use the horn?
1. When a pedestrian suddenly crosses the road, the first thing we need to do is to step on the brake to reduce the speed, and then use the horn to remind the other party. Don't try to honk the horn first and ask the other party to take the initiative to avoid you. When you find that the other party can't avoid you, just step on the brake. Otherwise, you may lose the best opportunity to recover.
2. At ordinary times, we often encounter the situation that we need to follow pedestrians or bicycles, especially in some residential areas or old urban areas with narrow roads. Due to the underdeveloped traffic facilities and narrow roads, pedestrians and motor vehicles often rush to the road. In this case, we need to be more careful with the use of horns.
① When there are pedestrians or bicycles in front of us blocking the road, we can wait for a while. Usually, if the pedestrians or bicycles in front of us find a car behind us, they will take the initiative to avoid.
② If the pedestrians or bicycles in front of you are not aware of it all the time, you can make a little sound to remind them. Shift to neutral gear and bang the accelerator (novice should use it cautiously), and remind the front to avoid by the engine sound. This method is generally very effective. After noticing that there is a car in the back, we usually avoid it consciously, and then we can wave our hand politely to express our thanks.
③ If you really have to use the horn, you should pay attention not to long honk, but to use a short honk to remind the other party. But be careful not to sound the horn at a very close distance from pedestrians or bicycles. Usually, the horn is loud and pedestrians are easily frightened. If you meet someone with a bad temper, it is likely to cause conflict after being scared.
3. At night, people often honk their horns when meeting cars, when meeting people in front of them, and even use their horns to greet and shout to friends upstairs. These behaviors are indeed very disturbing to the residents and easy to cause public anger. Some vehicles are equipped with the car locking reminder function, which will scare the elderly and children. I feel that flashing lights can play a role in reminding when locking the car. There is no need to sound the horn at all.
4. In the normal driving process, we often encounter such short-term congestion caused by avoiding other vehicles, such as the car in front of us turning around, reversing or getting off the taxi, which may occupy the road and have to stop and wait. In these cases, even if you honk the horn, the traffic can't get on the horse. Why create such noise? Sometimes, when a novice driver turns around and honks his horn, it makes the other side nervous and slows down. It could also lead to conflict. So in these situations, there is no need to do harm to others and self-interest.
5. After the function of the whistle to remind the pedestrians and vehicles in front is confirmed, try not to whistle again.
6. When encountering road obstruction, avoid using flute to urge vehicles and pedestrians in front, and avoid using whistle to call people.
7. Avoid whistling when driving at night, because the changed light signal is far better than the function of whistling.