How to deal with the brake failure?
1. Brake failure during driving (manual transmission)
The most common way is to use the engine braking to reduce the speed when the manual brake is out of order. The specific operation of scrambling for gear: make up one foot of throttle, step back, then boom one foot of throttle, step in. If it's a small car, if you directly shift from gear 5 to gear 1, the speed will drop, and the engine speed will be forced to increase to more than 5000 rpm by the wheels. However, if the braking force is not matched properly, some rear drives will slip.
2. Brake failure during driving (automatic transmission vehicle)
Look for an open and safe area, release the accelerator, change the gear from D to D, control the direction of the vehicle, feel that the vehicle will decelerate obviously, look for a safe position, change the gear to n (neutral) at the slowest speed, turn the key to stop the car after the taxi stops.
The above situation is relatively good. If you have time to operate, if the brake fails and there is a fatal obstacle in front of you, it is suggested that the owner rub against the side slip belt to stop the car. ABS function of the car will directly step on the brake pedal to the end! Whether it's manual or automatic! Because no matter how big the throttle is, it will always be subdued by the brake.
What to do when the car slows down and stops?
1. After parking, turn on the double flash warning. If it is on the regular road, put the triangle warning sign 50 meters to 100 meters behind the car. If it is on the highway, put it 150 meters behind the car. If it is rainy and foggy, the distance will be increased to 200 meters.
2. After the warning sign is placed, the personnel in the vehicle should evacuate to the safety zone outside the guardrail and not stay on the highway.
3. Call the 4S store, and the 4S store will drag the car back to the store for judgment and treatment. If an accident occurs during emergency treatment, call the insurance company as soon as possible.
What are the signs of brake failure?
1. It takes more than ten minutes to warm up before driving.
In this case, the pressure loss of the transmission pipeline which provides the pressure generally leads to the failure to provide the braking force in time. It is recommended to check the vacuum booster hose of the brake master cylinder and the engine for cracks or looseness.
2. The car vibrates when you step on the brake.
Most of them appear in old cars. Because of long service time and serious wear, the surface flatness of brake discs will be inaccurate to a certain extent. It is suggested that the main body of the car should always check the brake system and replace the brake discs (shoes) with serious wear in time.
3. Release the brake pedal and the brake will not return.
There are many reasons why the brake does not return. The return spring breaks or loses its elasticity. Brake damping caused by brake caliper piston stuck. The front and rear brake pads are contaminated by lubricating oil or brake fluid / the brake pads are worn or damaged / the brake pads are polished or deformed due to overheating. The problem of brake oil pipe or brake shoe, the blockage, knot and damage of oil pipe directly lead to pedal failure. In this case, try to go to the repair shop for inspection.
4. If you step on the brake before parking, there will be partial braking.
The "partial braking" is mainly caused by the uneven force exerted on the brake pads by the left and right sub pumps of the braking system. It's hard to find in driving, only when you can feel the obvious difference before you stop. The car owner should go to the repair shop as soon as possible to check. It may be necessary to replace the wheel pump.