Four seas entertainment news: wisdom teeth usually start to sprout after adulthood. At this time, people's physical and psychological development is close to maturity, so it is regarded as a symbol of the arrival of wisdom, so it is called wisdom teeth. Here is the reason why the adults who have learned the wisdom teeth carefully arranged for you. Let's have a look. Why do adults have wisdom teeth? Must wisdom teeth be pulled out?
≫ & gt; & gt; click next to see why adults have wisdom teeth
The reason why adults have wisdom teeth
Wisdom teeth, also known as the third molars, are arranged at the end of the tooth bed. Not everyone has wisdom teeth, and the eruption time of wisdom teeth is not as regular as other teeth. The eruption age span is relatively large, generally between 17 and 25 years old, and this age is just the stage of intellectual development, so it is called wisdom teeth. Of course, there are not a few people with wisdom teeth at the age of 30 or even 40.
In modern medicine, wisdom teeth are considered to be the remains of human evolution. Because wisdom teeth grow at the end of alveolar bone, the length, width and strength of modern human alveolar bone degenerate in varying degrees due to more and more refined eating, which leads to its inability to provide enough space for wisdom teeth to sprout. In this way, wisdom teeth often cause ectopic sprouting and blocking due to lack of space when they sprout. These abnormal sprouting coupled with the difficulty of cleaning and Prevention It is usually manifested as pericoronitis of wisdom teeth, caries, periodontitis, pulpitis and other diseases of wisdom teeth or adjacent teeth, which repeatedly cause severe swelling and pain.
For wisdom teeth that need to be removed early, the best age is 17-19. The reason is that the roots of young patients are not completely formed at this age, so it is easier to extract, while the roots of adults have been completely formed, which increases the difficulty of extraction. In addition, young patients have better tolerance and healing ability than adults, and their bone regeneration and epithelial reattachment are better, which is beneficial to the recovery of adjacent periodontal damage.
Must wisdom teeth be pulled out
(1) The following situations are recommended to be removed:
Pericoronitis is caused by impacted mandibular wisdom teeth;
The caries and tooth damage of the adjacent teeth were caused by the caries or forward inclination of the impacted mandibular wisdom teeth;
Cause food impaction between the second molar and wisdom tooth;
During orthodontic treatment, to prevent anterior teeth from crowding or deformity recurrence after orthodontic treatment;
It may be an inducement of TMJ disorder syndrome (mainly manifested as upper and lower jaw, pain of occlusal joint, voice or occlusal disorder during occlusal);
Teeth suspected of causing cyst, tumor or neuralgia;
In order to prevent the above symptoms, the wisdom teeth can be removed in the early stage without symptoms.
(2) It is recommended to keep the following situations:
It can erupt normally and occlude with the opposite teeth normally;
Completely buried in the bone, no contact with the adjacent teeth, no symptoms can be temporarily retained;
For orthodontic needs, the molars in front of wisdom teeth are missing, so the design is to move wisdom teeth forward instead of missing teeth.
Precautions after wisdom tooth extraction
(1) After the wisdom tooth is pulled out, the doctor will put a cotton ball at the wound to help coagulate. The patient must bite the cotton ball tightly and spit it out after half an hour. Do not touch the wound with hands and tongue to avoid infection.
(2) 24 hours after wisdom tooth extraction, try not to brush your teeth. When brushing your teeth, you should also avoid touching the extraction position. You can use warm salt water to wash your mouth instead of brushing your teeth.
(3) It is normal to mix a little blood in saliva within 24 hours after tooth extraction. Do not suck saliva. Try to swallow saliva as much as possible. If there is too much bleeding, see a doctor at any time.
(4) Do not eat within 2 hours after wisdom tooth extraction. After 2 hours, eat some cold liquid food and semi liquid food properly. Do not eat stimulating food, do not smoke or drink, do not do strenuous activities, and speak less.
(5) If there is suture, the suture shall be removed 7 days after operation.