Mini Rose is a kind of thorny shrub, which belongs to modern rose. It is characterized by plant height below 20cm, upright branches, pinnate compound leaves, short stem, small leaves, small and colorful flowers. The flowers grow on the top of the branches and have strong continuous flowering ability. Because of its delicate plants and widely used in family decoration, more and more people pay attention to and love, especially women's favorite. If you plant a pot of roses on the balcony of your home, it will certainly add color to the balcony. How can we plant it well and let it bloom? Here is how to raise pocket roses indoors.
1. Watering: roses are drought and waterlogging tolerant plants, and xerophytes are almost waterlogging tolerant plants. If they are potted, they should be cultivated in unglazed earthenware pots. The principle of "no drying, no watering, watering thoroughly" should be strictly followed. If the rose is watered frequently (especially avoid excessive watering in rainy days with high humidity and little evaporation), the root of rose will be soaked like "pickled pickle" (which is essentially different from the principle of hydroponics) and die.
2. Fertilization: all plants only like light fertilization, such as the application of concentrated fertilizer (especially chemical fertilizer) will lead to local root rot and death. According to the size of plants and pots, 20-40 grains of compound fertilizer (or nitrogen fertilizer) should be evenly applied to 1 inch of soil around the basin every 1-1.5 months, or water and fertilizer such as fully fermented rice washing water should be poured once or twice a month. As long as the leaves are green and the flowers are in good condition, no fertilization is needed.
3. Illumination: when plants are cultivated indoors, they should not be placed in the room with insufficient light for a long time, or they should be carried to places with sunshine to supplement the light. Without photosynthesis, plants will stop producing nutrients necessary for growth, lose the physiological cycle of water and nutrients (light pumping), and yellow leaves, rotten leaves, rotten roots, and even death.
4. Soil: rose has no strict requirements on soil, so long as the soil contains certain humus can be cultivated indoors. The most ideal soil for planting roses is loose, fertile and humid. In order to achieve the loose, some organic substances are added, such as compost, rotten leaf soil, snake sawdust, coarse rice bran, etc.
5. Pest control: rose is very susceptible to aphids, powdery mildew and some other leaf eating pests, which can be killed by general pesticides (several alternative use to prevent insect resistance). Frequent rain leads to air humidity is too high, leaves are easy to grow white mold, can be used to control white mold. The aphids on potted rose can be smeared with cotton swab dipped in liquor of over 50 degrees for several times (aphids will fall off the basin soil to avoid) and be smeared (pesticides should not be used indoors).
6. Pruning and pruning: during dormancy period in winter and poor flowering in summer, pruning and pruning can promote branch development and plant ventilation, control tree type and adjust flowering period. And potted rose pruning in addition to try to dwarf the tree type, but also to pick more buds, so as not to consume too much nutrients.