Lily of the Valley plant is short, elegant and beautiful, fragrant and pleasant. It is an excellent ornamental plant, usually used in flower bed and flower border, and can also be used as ground cover plant. The following is a detailed introduction to the planting methods of lilies of the valley:
Planting method of flowering lily of the valley (necessary basic knowledge) (1) soil requirements: Lily of the valley needs loose, fertile and well drained soil.
(2) Watering requirements: water 1-2 times a day, and supplement water according to weather conditions and soil during growth.
(3) Fertilization management: apply the thin cake fertilizer water or compound liquid fertilizer every 10-15 days, and weed in time after each watering and fertilization.
(4) Lighting requirements: place the upper basin in the leeward direction, water it properly and place it in the dark place. After 10-15 days, it will gradually move to the light direction.
(5) Temperature requirements: keep at 12-14 ℃, after 10-15 days, move to the sun for maintenance, and the room temperature is increased to 20-22 ℃.
(6) Pruning: it is advisable to cut off the stems and branches as early as possible after the flowering of lilies of the valley so that the nutrients can be supplied to the rhizomes intensively.
(7) Loosen soil and change basin: after the sprouting of new buds in early spring, the lily of the valley scatters the mulch and loosen the soil once a year.
The flowers are small and white, very good-looking. The propagation and cultivation of lily of Valley cultivation 1. Propagation
In general, the boll orchid mainly propagates in ramets, but also seeds. The best time for ramet propagation is in spring and autumn. There are buds of different sizes on the rhizome of the orchid. Cut each top bud with rhizome for cultivation.
Seed propagation can be carried out in autumn, and seeds from ripe berries can be used for sowing.
2. Soil planting:
(1) Land selection: select shady hillside, thick humus forest and grassland. Contour line or Hengshan belt, with a belt width of 1.5m, a belt spacing of 2m, and a row hole spacing of 50x20cm. Digging holes, crushing soil, pressing, in the shape of steamed bread.
(2) Planting: deep ploughing and fertile soil is better. It needs to be replanted every 3-4 years or rotated with other flowers. The plant spacing is 25-30cm, each cluster has 2-3 buds, the soil depth is 5-6cm, and the water is poured after planting.
In November, the plump and large rhizome buds were selected and stored at 3 ℃ ~ 5 ℃ for 14 ~ 21 days. Then they were taken out and planted in pots with 4 ~ 5 buds per pot. Notes for planting: 1. Wild species in the original area often grow in groups, with few diseases and insect pests.
2. Greenhouse planting is easy to breed diseases and insect pests, often stem rot, anthrax, leaf spot and other fungal diseases.
3. At ordinary times, copper fungicide should be used regularly for prevention and control, and it is strictly prohibited to collect and breed from the diseased plant. Once the diseased plant is found, it should be destroyed and removed immediately to prevent spread.
4. In case of brown spot, spray with 75% chlorothalonil WP 700 times.