Banyan bonsai is one of the most common bonsai in our life. It is evergreen all the year round with beautiful posture. But some people will encounter the phenomenon that the leaves of banyan trees planted in the family suddenly turn yellow, so what should we do? The following editor shared the reason analysis and treatment of the yellow leaves of banyan trees, hoping to help you!
The reason analysis and treatment methods: 1. Environmental mutation causes the leaves of banyan trees to turn yellow
1. The phenomenon of yellowing of leaves caused by over watering is not easy to be over wet at ordinary times, and the over wet soil is easy to accumulate water and cause root rot and yellowing of leaves.
2. The soil plate is hard and impervious, resulting in that the water after pouring cannot penetrate into the soil layer, leading to the majority of roots unable to absorb water and nutrients, resulting in the symptoms of loss of water and nutrition of leaves and yellow leaf drooping.
Solution: it's best to keep the soil watered after it's dry, so that the growth of beneficial root system is not easy to appear yellow leaves. The best way is to loosen the soil properly, which is good for soil loose, ventilation, drainage and root system growth.
2. Too much water causes the leaves of Ficus to turn yellow (yellowish): the young leaves are dark yellow and lusterless, the old leaves have no obvious change, the branches are small, yellow and green, and the new shoots are not long, indicating too much water. Too much water will cause the root system to rot and leave leaves.
Solution: just take off the yellow leaves. Don't pour too much water on them. Put the flowers in a cool and airy place and then put them back in the basin.
3. The long-term water shortage causes the leaves of Ficus to turn yellow (dry yellow): the yellow of water shortage is the withering and drying of the leaf tip or edge, and the old leaves fall off from the bottom to the top, but the new leaves grow normally.
Solution: pay attention to fully and thoroughly watering.
4. Air drying causes the leaves of Ficus to turn yellow: too dry environment will cause the leaves of Ficus to turn yellow, and the humidity should be controlled at about 85%.
Solution: water timely to ensure its normal growth. It is difficult to maintain banyan trees in the north. Families need to spray more water on the leaves to increase the air humidity around them and make them grow faster.
5. Lack of sunlight causes the leaves of banyan trees to turn yellow (lack of light yellow): the leaves cannot get enough sunlight and form chlorophyll after a long time of shade. The whole leaves turn yellow and then fall off.
Solution: need to supplement light in time to avoid the disease.
6. Too high temperature causes the leaves of banyan trees to turn yellow: the room temperature is too low in winter, and flowers that like high temperature are often vulnerable to cold damage, which causes the leaves to turn yellow and die of withering and yellow in severe cases.
Solution: please pay attention to adjust the room temperature in time and move it to a cool place with good ventilation.
7. If the temperature is too low, the leaves will turn yellow. If the room temperature is too high, the transpiration of the plant will be too high, and the water and nutrient supply of the roots will be in short supply, which will also make the leaves turn yellow.
Solution: please pay attention to adjust the room temperature in time.
8. Too much fertilization on the leaves of banyan trees causes the leaves to turn yellow (fat yellow): too much fertilization or too much concentration causes the flowers to turn yellow, which is manifested in dry brown at the top of the new leaves, generally the leaves are thick and lusterless, and the concave and convex are not stretched, and the old leaves are burnt yellow and fall off. Stop fertilizing immediately and wash part of the fertilizer with a large amount of cleaning seriously.
Solution: stop fertilizing immediately and wash part of the fertilizer with a large amount of cleaning seriously. Apply thin fertilizer frequently, apply thin cake fertilizer water or alum fertilizer water more frequently, spray 0.3% urea water and 0.3% potassium dihydrogen phosphate solution from time to time, avoid applying thick fertilizer and raw fertilizer. The application of fertilizer should be combined with the use of plant cell immune factors to improve plant stress resistance, which can make the virus DNA break and apoptosis. It has powerful immune function, can induce interferon and active cytokines, inhibit the replication of residual virus, and promote the positive energy ecological growth of plants.
9. The long-term lack of fertilizer on the leaves of banyan trees causes the leaves to turn yellow (lack of fertilizer yellow): the color of the young leaves becomes light, yellow or light green, while the old leaves are more normal or gradually turn from green to yellow.
Solution: check the basin soil, if there is any dry phenomenon, change the soil, usually apply thin fertilizer frequently and pour some alum water timely.
10. Rotten roots cause the leaves of banyan trees to turn yellow: the leaves appear longitudinal chapped and deformed.
terms of settlement:
1. Reduce watering; pecuniary tree is very afraid of the sticky soil, there is water in the basin, if the permeability is not good, it will lead to root rot.
2. Excessive fertilization is not allowed; excessive fertilization will also cause root rot.
3. Find out the rotten root and cut the rotten root from its base with scissors.
11. Diseases and insect pests cause the leaves of banyan trees to turn yellow: the pests that cause the leaves of banyan trees mainly include red spider and scale insect. Although there are also "thrips" hazards, this kind of insect only sucks juice from the rolled leaves, which is less harmful than the above two kinds, and the thrips are easy to control. Only the rolled leaves can be removed and destroyed.
terms of settlement:
1. If banyan bonsai is placed in a hot and airless place, it is easy to suffer from scale insect disease and should be timely controlled. It can be removed by hand directly.
2. The roots of banyan trees are also prone to root rot or root nodule disease caused by various bacteria and fungi. Usually, it is necessary to open the soil slowly to check the roots without damaging the roots, and pay proper attention to spray for prevention and control.
Ficus leaves yellow Ficus conservation experience: Ficus is a symbol of vitality modeling landscape, so to maintain the continuity of its life growth has become the inevitable purpose of maintenance and management. It must be watered, fertilized, pruned, prevented and controlled in daily maintenance.
1. Banyan trees must have enough sunshine. They can be put on the windowsill for a while at noon.
2. Watering must be done thoroughly. When it's dry, it's necessary to water it thoroughly. It's only when there's water dripping at the bottom of the basin.
3. Banyan trees need rich and soft soil. If the flowerpot is too small, or the soil is too little, and the nutrition can't keep up with it, it will grow very slowly. So use the soil with strong permeability and good fertility.
4. Strengthen the control of diseases and insect pests.
5. Generally, banyan trees should be placed in the place of ventilation and light transmission. There should be a certain space humidity. The sun is not enough, the ventilation is not smooth, and there is no certain space humidity, which can make the plants yellow and dry, leading to the occurrence of diseases and insect pests until death.